Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Short notice from the club
  • No thought for those coming back from Sheffield.
  • I'm going to try and swap mine for a Sky+ box.
  • I'm really struggling to see the logic here so can anyone who can explain to me the thought process of why this is just a one day window announced just three days in advance?

other than they just don't want to have to deal with this stuff?
  • Addickted said:

No thought for those coming back from Sheffield.

I'm not sure how going to the MASSIVE game affects anyone's ability to use the phone?
  • Because I need to physically see where I'm moving my six seats to, not just say say Block C, Rows R & S Seats 44,45 & 46.
  • After saying I wouldn't be renewing - I phoned on Wednesday and moved from A Block back to my old seat in J Block North (I knew they hadn't been sold). No problems. For me the experiment of A Block banter and singing/drowwning. For me the A Block experiment in banter/drowning out the away support has failed.
  • What's the point of swapping, the ground is always so empty you can move to wherever you want, as long as it's the same stand of course.
  • I'm really struggling to see the logic here so can anyone who can explain to me the thought process of why this is just a one day window announced just three days in advance?

I think the whole press release is to convince those that think they will extend the deadline that they will not. The fact that they make it almost impossible to move seats also works for them because then they can re-market those that haven't renewed and tell them that their seats are still available.

It could be total incompetence, not the first time the club has shot itself in the foot over season ticket sales and the PR 'story' that they spin (which started years before RD got here) but I happen to think it's very clever. It maximises the fear for those that don't want to lose their seat, yet it ensures that most seats will still be 'held' until just before the new season starts.

me? Cynical? How, very, dare you!

I think the whole press release is to convince those that think they will extend the deadline that they will not. The fact that they make it almost impossible to move seats also works for them because then they can re-market those that haven't renewed and tell them that their seats are still available.

It could be total incompetence, not the first time the club has shot itself in the foot over season ticket sales and the PR 'story' that they spin (which started years before RD got here) but I happen to think it's very clever. It maximises the fear for those that don't want to lose their seat, yet it ensures that most seats will still be 'held' until just before the new season starts.

me? Cynical? How, very, dare you!
    Indeed. I renewed last night and felt slightly blackmailed into doing so, after reading about the "Swap Seat" this Sunday.

I was always going to renew but normally around the end of May (Credit Card will have to take a hit for a couple of months).I can't remember renewing this early, but maybe the club have a cash flow problem at present and need funds on board asap. Or someone is trying to be a bit too clever. Eg: The sex gimmick.

• Sponsored links:

The fact that they make it almost impossible to move seats also works for them because then they can re-market those that haven't renewed and tell them that their seats are still available.
    It works for me too. As a non-renewer, when I do want to go to a game I can just phone up and ask for my old seat, safe in the knowledge that the old gang will still all be there.
  • I should think the staff were thrilled to be asked to work Sunday at the end of deadline week - quite apart from why it's being done.

It's know as building a better (day after) tomorrow together.
  • Have just renewed online and been charged £25 for an U11's ST in the family stand.

Thought they were free????
  • jamescafc said:

Have just renewed online and been charged £25 for an U11's ST in the family stand.

Thought they were free????

Free with an adult purchase. 1 adult = 1 free kid. 2 adults = 2 free kids.
  • I went match by match last season but kept the kids tickets, probably won't bother with theirs this year, and am a full time student til October.

All seems a bit of a rush thought the club didnt need our money.. :).

Seems like early bird by another name if prices are going up
  • edited April 2015
    Anyone know if this is actually happening?

Not that I'm interested in 'swapping' - I haven't received an email confirmation nor had my credit card debited from renewing online on the 9th - I'm just interested in whether they're really going ahead with 'Swap Day' when they clearly haven't processed all renewals yet.
  • I have just swapped from Upper West to Lower West. Took 2 minutes to complete the transaction.
  • Sponsored links:

• Done.

Moved from near the top of North Upper block H down to North Upper block K a few rows from the front.
  • Got back to The Valley for the swap day at 1pm, expecting it to be fairly busy. There was no one there at all, though the 4/5 members of the ticket office staff I could see looked busy.

Swap done in a couple of minutes.
  • just swapped one of mine no problem on the phone - took 2 mins
  • Nicholas said:

What's the point of swapping, the ground is always so empty you can move to wherever you want, as long as it's the same stand of course.

But Nic, you wont be saying that when we're 10 points clear at the top in January and the ground is packed and rocking! :-)