Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

North Upper singing

Am I the only one who is getting irritated by the constant singing about Millwall?
I hate the "What do we think of 'insert rival team name'" song, it rubbish and sung far too often, including during games on days when Millwall aren't even playing.
Would much prefer us to support our team when chanting rather than singing awful songs stolen from other clubs with Millwall's name inserted.
I don't mind the occasional "build a bonfire" but lately (particularly last night) we sang about Millwall a bit much, anyone agree?

Comments

• Is that the one with 'that's alright' half way through? Always makes me laugh
  • was a bit annoyed at the relegation chants to Millwall when we went 1-0 down last night, it seemed like we did not care that we went 1-0 down
  • edited April 2015
    seth plum said:

Last night the drummer started during RRR which was a pretty naff thing to do I thought.

I just tried to ignore the drummer(despite being only a few rows in front) and carried on singing RRR)
  • sammy391 said:

I find the 'Valley floyd road : my only desire!" But that the announcer screams out before the game cringey!

Really cringey. Agree
  • Clunge Sponge
  • Sponsored links:

• What are the rest of the words to 'Everywhere I go...' as I can't make them out with my ear trumpet and rug pulled up in the West Stand!
    Seriously, I can never make them out, could someone enlighten me, please, so I can join in with more than one line?
  • The charlton boys making all the noise everywhere we go
  • Agreed. Don't get me wrong i dislike Millwall and think of them as a scummy little club but its not like Millwall V Charlton is on par with Liverpool V United or even Blackburn V Burnley. My point is i doubt Milwall ever sing about us unless we directly play them. Makes us across as slightly odd singing about Millwall every 5 mins in every game.
  • Think the singing this year has been the best by far due to @AFKABartram and myself starting the sing alongs
  • No one does the harmonies as well as us @Gumbo :-)
  • Next season I fear could well be like the difficult 2nd album tho
  • sammy391 said:

I find the 'Valley floyd road : my only desire!" Bit that the announcer screams out before the game cringey!

Also agree with this.

As for the Millwall chanting, especially the week after we lost, it is just so cringeworthy, it makes out like we are the tin pot club, and that last week was our cup final.

It just seems like we are more interested in Millwall losing than we are winning.
  • I've never really got over the way that the North Upper stole the song used by fans of Alex Beresford.

He's better than Sian
    He's better than Sian
    Alex Beresford is better than Sian

Unforgivable.
  • I pledge not to sing any Millwall related ditties at Hillsborough on Saturday unless it's one single burst of "we hate Millwall and we hate Millwall" because I couldn't not. It's in the marrow.
  • The charlton boys making all the noise everywhere we go

Thank you! So easy when you know!
  • Sponsored links:

• Is the North stand the same as the Cupboard End?
  • Took a Villa mate along to the game and after about half an hour he looked at me rather awkwardly and said, it's all a bit sad isn't it. I thought he meant the football, what with our lads seemingly already on their holidays. We were in the East stand and he pointed to the North and said, no, your lot in there. I really couldn't be bothered putting up an argument. I must have been thinking about my holiday too.
  • Yep it's true , I'm Seb
  • Is it possible to unsee something?
  • Why would a grown man post that ?
  • edited April 2015
    F***** hell! :smiley: