Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton POTY (with a difference!) (Result: 1st Cousins, 2nd JBG, 3rd Hendo)

edited April 2015 in General Charlton
On Strawpoll, you are able to vote for more than one candidate and even all four if you feel that everyone listed deserves the award! Unfortunately the website I used only allows four choices or I'd list more outside candidates.

I hope that difference proves an interesting deviation to the usual one vote per person system. At least I know it'll be helpful to some indecisive people!

http://strawpoll.me/4071347

Comments

• Really close!
  • I thought TBH would get more votes
  • Gonna take the result at midnight.
  • NomSoup said:

I thought TBH would get more votes

His form has dipped in my opinion recently and some people have a tendancy to not look at the whole season starting in August. For that same reason i probably would have Hendo over Cousins who has been more consistent although he has been injured a bit.
  • Cousins or JBG been most consistent but JBG gotta sneak it for the goals
  • Look at the average marks from the matches and you'll see that Henderson is way ahead. Not only is he a good shot stopper but he gives confidence to the whole team. OK he's been out for some games due to injury but that doesn't deride from qualification as POTY

VOTE HENDO
  • Gonna take the result at midnight.

Well I would take the result now but I'm unable to access the results page...
  • edited April 2015

Gonna take the result at midnight.

Well I would take the result now but I'm unable to access the results page...
    Okay. Got it working after a few F5s.

1st place - Cousins (78 votes)
    2nd place - Gudmundsson (75 votes)
    3rd place - Henderson (71 votes)
    4th place - Ben Haim (18 votes)

Would be good to see how many people participated but I can't find that function... I suspect it was around 90-100 voters.
  • I suspect it was 242 :smile:
  • That should be every one's top 4 over the season ( maybe not in that order ?)

If Henderson had not missed those 12 games or so over the season he would win the POTY by a landslide. Gives so much confidence to fans and the rest of the team. No disrespect to stand ins but would have an extra 7 or 8 points as much to do with the defense understanding Henderson's positioning.

Cousins have given 100% even when he been played out of position or asked to do a particular job for the team. Even my old Dad says he's a central mid fielder
    not a wide man. More Jordan Henderson type than Santi Carzola.
    Has matured this season, and close control and passing should keep improving.
    as he gains more confidence.

Johann Berg Gudmundsson is a game changer and class on the ball.
    Out of his 10 goals so far, 6 could be goal of the season contenders.
    could be on 15 by now if took pens( score from 1 when Yoni was off pitch.)
    But Buyens is the king of Pens so can't complain on that front.
    Not great when doesn't have ball but most flair players like Johann aren't.

The exception was the way he won the ball back against Cardiff and hit that Rocket down the covered end.

Tal Ben Haim is 4th. As had a very decent and consistent season.

If Tony Watt had turned up in August he would be Favourite.

But it out of the top 3 and Henderson shades it for me.

Please no one will win it by default this season.

• Sponsored links:

• I suspect it was 242 :smile:

Maybe I should've made it clearer in the first post but not if you were able to vote for more than one option eg I picked Cousins AND Henderson.

My thinking was that we would get a winner that the majority is happy with rather than a split vote and someone win with only 30% share.

I wish 242 people voted though!