Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Best of the Rest League

There is still something to play for! No really there is. There's no trophy, there's no promotion but there is pride...and that pride is winning "the Best of the Rest League".

So Bournemouth, Watford, Boro and Norwich seem to be fighting it out for automatic promotion. Big woop! And Derby, Brentford, Ipswich & Forest are battling for those final two play-off places. Who cares? There's only one thing I care about in the Championship, and that's us winning the Best of the Rest League.

Despite Friday's set back against you know who we should as a club, and as supporters, set ourself the target of finishing 9th. Above Blackburn, above Forest. We were never quite going to make the play-offs this season, but to be the best side not in contention for promotion, that's almost as good. So don't start tailing off, supporting Rochdale, hoping we lose to Fulham or travelling down the M3 to give some Cherries fan your season ticket, get behind the boys because just like the Karate Kid we're the best (of the rest) around.

Comments

• Just two points off the top of the league now, although Blackburn have a game in hand on us.

Hope our goal difference doesn't come back to haunt us.
  • Regardless of where we finish in this mini league, I think we should have a very real target of finishing the season with a positive goal difference.
  • Stig said:

Regardless of where we finish in this mini league, I think we should have a very real target of finishing the season with a positive goal difference.

That would be an excellent achievement
  • Where are the spanners in this league?
  • Where are the spanners in this league?

They're in the Worst of them All division, difficult to get out of.
  • We still are in pole position for The Bob Peeters Most Draws Trophy after the inevitable draw with The Wendies. We are now on 17 they on 16 but after Yann's good work last night Brighton are stuck on 15. C'mon! we can do this.