Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can anyone give me a reason to be excited about tonight's match ?

edited April 2015 in General Charlton
Has a home league game ever been met with as much indifference ?

There’s no match preview thread, in fact the only mentions of the game are a thread asking if we should just support tonight’s opposition (for reasons that are still lost on me) and a very lonely looking thread where a supporter is trying to give away a ticket to the game to someone, anyone, with sadly no takers. Oh and tickets are about £28 a go because this is somehow categorised as a “gold” match.

So who can give us a reason to get excited about tonight's match ?

Revenge for the frankly appalling performance at Craven Cottage earlier in the season ?
A chance to see Joe Gomez again ?
Henderson with the opportunity to play another blinder ?
Another glimpse of the Watt/Vetokele partnership which could be (summer transfer activity excluded) one of the most formidable in the league ?

Comments

• The hope that we lose and millwall go down as a result.
  • The hope that we lose and millwall go down as a result.

I'm not sure that's a possible outcome of tonight's match, but if that's what it takes to get you to the Valley then fair enough !
  • We should of beaten them at Craven Cottage earlier in the season, we totally battered them in the second half, then they break away to nick two goals at the end. 3 nil completely flattered them.

Combine that with the 4 nil in the FA cup in 2012, another game where we could of had 2 or 3 goals....

So yeah, a win would be nice!
  • We must have posted our threads simultaneously. I had to check that the game was really tonight as I wondered if I had the wrong day!
  • to watch scott parker score a screamer against us. Again.
  • We must have posted our threads simultaneously. I had to check that the game was really tonight as I wondered if I had the wrong day!

Great minds...

In all honesty it's a shame it wasn't played yesterday as bank holiday football is a slightly more enticing prospect than a bland end of season Tuesday night game.

How about the weathers quite nice ?
  • Charlton are playing at home in a league game.

That is enough for me.

Up the Addicks

What Henners said......
  • Only three home games left, the last midweek match at the Valley, the team in good form (last Friday excepted) and, for many, something to look forward to after the first day back at work. We'll sure miss it when it's gone in three and a half weeks time. It's also been a while since we had nothing really to play for at this stage of the season, so perhaps we can enjoy a bit of gentle schadenfreude at Fulham's expense on a pleasant evening in SE7.
  • Sponsored links:

• to get last friday out of the system ,to feel the freshness of a beautiful british spring evening whilst being entertained by tony watt
  • It's a golden opportunity for us to argue with each other about Scunt Parker.

Did he do what was right for him/his family or is he a greedy little so and so???
  • To give Curbs a little cheer?
  • I will make a prediction that if we do lose, or are in the process of losing with a few minutes the go - the north stand will break out in a chorus of 'We sent the Millwall down' to the tune of 'Is this the way to Amarillo'.
  • Charlton are playing at home in a league game.

That is enough for me.

Up the Addicks

He asked for a reason to be excited... Not terrified ;)
  • se9addick said:

Has a home league game ever been met with as much indifference ?

There’s no match preview thread, in fact the only mentions of the game are a thread asking if we should just support tonight’s opposition (for reasons that are still lost on me) and a very lonely looking thread where a supporter is trying to give away a ticket to the game to someone, anyone, with sadly no takers. Oh and tickets are about £28 a go because this is somehow categorised as a “gold” match.

So who can give us a reason to get excited about tonight's match ?

Revenge for the frankly appalling performance at Craven Cottage earlier in the season ?
    A chance to see Joe Gomez again ?
    Henderson with the opportunity to play another blinder ?
    Another glimpse of the Watt/Vetokele partnership which could be (summer transfer activity excluded) one of the most formidable in the league ?

1 point secures another championship season
    3 points mean we can still dream of play offs
    0 points mean Millwall are likely to be relegated.
  • We win and it gives Millwall a bit more false hope before they're relegated.
  • Sponsored links:

• It could be the best game of the season or the worst, if you really need a reason.
    If you need a specific reason to attend, you are a football supporter who doesn't support their football club.
  • It gives me a night off from the missus.
  • edited April 2015
    As I understand it, the players still have something to play for as 62 points triggers their bonus payments. (Read it on here somewhere!). Not a major milestone for the fans but would be nice to see the players put in that extra effort for last London derby of the season.
  • If Tony Watt is playing then it's definitely worth going. I'd take every opportunity to watch him while we've still got him.

Plus, they spanked us 4-0 in The FA Cup a couple of years ago and 3-0 this season....so we owe them a beating.
  • colin1961 said:

It's better the. Bring in relegation scrap ... We can't lose tonight win will be great draw ok and defeat means bad news for Millwall

Put this through Google translate and got a picture of a confused man shrugging his shoulders.

Anyone know what this means?
    He's saying that even if we lose there's the silver lining that it condemns Millwall just a little bit more
  • Roller coaster ride or Bumpy ride.

Are you missing a relegation battle and that sick feeling at Sheffield Wednesday when we went 2 down in 8 minutes and looked doomed ?
    (Marvin's greatest every game in the shirt)

At H/T in the Norwich home game when we were hapless and clueless,
    to be in the top half of the table was unthinkable.

I had 2 of the best highs for years on Bad Friday when we saved the Pen and when we went ahead.

Also the biggest low( football wise) maybe ever when we snatched defeat from the Jaws of Victory.

It could be because Henry, Greenie, myself and others have been through this crazy journey so many times before that we always need the next game to come around so we can get it out of our system.

I will be there tonight as usual, wearing all black(still in mourning)
    Looking like an over aged Ultra.(:(

• now can we stop these stupid threads please

Blimey..................Pot, kettle, black!
    No Thread I have ever done, and I include the highlight thread in that is as stupid as going on your own teams forum and asking why you should be excited about a game or if you even want your own team to win

if you really have to ask them questions then you cant be a true fan

No Thread I have ever done, and I include the highlight thread in that is as stupid as going on your own teams forum and asking why you should be excited about a game or if you even want your own team to win

Loosen up Paulie

Oh for goodness sake, don't be so sanctimonious.