Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Academy tourney in Italy

Drew 0 - 0 with Sassuolo (serie A side) last night.

Regina up next.

Comments

• What tournament is this? Italy take their youth sides very seriously.
  • Seems to be us and three Italian teams from what I see on twitter.
  • edited April 2015
    couple of tweets from the lads from today's game

Aaron @AzzaBarnes · 6m 6 minutes ago
    Strangest game I've ever played in...1-0 win with 9 men for virtually the whole game - winnings never felt better! Love it boys

Chris Millar @ChrisMillar24 · 31m 31 minutes ago
    What a feeling!!! Never played a more ridiculous game of football in my life but incredible character from the lads!!
  • Wonder what happened in the first 10 minutes
  • Umerah was sent off for pushing the referee

great, just what we want our young players to be doing
  • Good luck lads, we're rooting for ya
  • edited April 2015
    Lost 1 - 3 in the semifinal to Cittidella.

Well done any way lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• From Dr Kish

ADDICKS YOUNGSTERS GO OUT
    05-Apr 18:17, by Ketts
    Charlton Under-18s exited the Italian competition at the semi-final stage on Sunday.

Charlton's Under-18s lost 3-1 to Citadella on Sunday afternoon in the semi-final of the Easter tournament in Castelfranco.

Citadella started brightly and had the better of things in the first period.

As well as taking the lead, the Italians had a golden opportunity to double their advantage when they were awarded a penalty.

Jordan Beeney saved the spot-kick to keep his team in the game.

Citadella notched a second goal after the break and went on to end Charlton's interest in the competition with a 3-1 win, Brandon Hanlan scored the Addicks' goal.

Citadell will now play either
    Modena or Sassuolo in the final to be played in Maranello on Monday afternoon.

Charlton: Beeney; Bokciu, Yao, Konsa, Barnes; Bone, Lapslie, Millar, Hanlan; Carey, Lookman.

Subs: Bangura, Simpson, Maloney, Anderson.
  • Interesting that we seem to have been the only non-Italian team invited, wonder how that came about ?

Well done for getting out of the group stages lads.