Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Only at Charlton

Could you go out to a game against our local rivals at 11.00 and find more comments on a politics thread than about the game when you get back at 10 in the evening

Comments

• Nice one
  • johnyh2.why were you looking at a politics thread? pot calling kettle and all that
  • Good one.
  • Only at Charlton, could you take your son to see the game against our local rivals (albeit the beam back) and come home realising that we haven't beaten them in his lifetime.
  • Only at charlton can you be kept in the ground by police so idiots decide to try break through the gate, chuck bottles etc at police ,then call the female officers sluts and expect to get the gate opened quicker. Good effort lads.
    You helped matters greatly
  • cafc4life said:

Only at charlton can you be kept in the ground by police so idiots decide to try break through the gate, chuck bottles etc at police ,then call the female officers sluts and expect to get the gate opened quicker. Good effort lads.

Not condoning anything that was done, but keeping quiet was not gonna get them open any quicker anyway.

And what do they expect you keep people locked up like caged animals and that's what they become,

its a load of crap keeping us behind like that and the longer they do it for the more annoyed we become especially in the rain like today.

The amount of police they had behind that get could easily of performed a blockade to allow both sets off fans to leave at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2015
    se9addick said:

cafc4life said:

Only at charlton can you be kept in the ground by police so idiots decide to try break through the gate, chuck bottles etc at police ,then call the female officers sluts and expect to get the gate opened quicker. Good effort lads.

Not condoning anything that was done, but keeping quiet was not gonna get them open any quicker anyway.

And what do they expect you keep people locked up like caged animals and that's what they become,

its a load of crap keeping us behind like that and the longer they do it for the more annoyed we become especially in the rain like today.

The amount of police they had behind that get could easily of performed a blockade to allow both sets off fans to leave at the same time.
    Some perspective please, we were held - inside a football stadium (you could have sat in your seat for the duration - I did) - for 45 minutes after a match. We all knew it was going to happen so I would assume most of us would have developed a coping mechanism to handle it, clearly I assumed wrong.
    Quite. I was actually surprised that we got away so quickly. Last year we were kept back inside the stadium after the game then made to walk to the station around the streets and then wait another half an hour or so outside the station before they let us go.
  • There was no trouble so the police will be satisfied their plan worked and will do the same again next time around. If you can't deal with it, don't go. The beam back is the way forward, even if it's the same result.
  • Got let out much quicker than I thought we would
  • cafc4life said:

There wasn't any trouble, police got it spot on.
    Why would the police want to put anyone, including themselves, at risk?
    Paulie you probably know how to behave in public but there is a not too small minority who clearly don't and a huge minority of Millwall supporters.
    Letting people out straight after the game the mob mentality would have taken over and we could have been talking about something other than a crap day out at the Toolbox.
    We wont be playing them again for the foreseeable future so all of us can just chalk this one as another poor experience and confine it to history.
  • edited April 2015
    JohnnyH2 said:

Could you go out to a game against our local rivals at 11.00 and find more comments on a politics thread than about the game when you get back at 10 in the evening

On the face of it surprising yes.

However fans of all ages can write the script.

If we are lucky we will get a draw and even then it will be an insipid performance from Charlton whilst Millwall are up for it. Sometimes there is a semblance of a legitimate excuse, as yesterday when Solly was sent off, but normally 90% of our players freeze and the Millwall players gain in confidence as they sense our fear and general paralysis.

Then, after the disappointing fiasco on the pitch, we have the biannual debate and glorying in whether our minority of morons were able to be more obnoxious than their majority of morons.

Whoopy do! Another disappointing local derby. I for one would happily never play Millwall again.
  • Only at Charlton can you watch a Charlton Athletic game....
  • As has been said above.just sit in your seat and wait.What do you do at an airport or train station when there is a delay .You sit and wait so why not sit and wait while they clear the millwall nutters?
  • If you can't deal with it, don't go.

And that's pretty much why I don't..........
  • The way some of our fans spoke to the police yesterday was not only shocking but embarrassing as well. 40-50 year old blokes getting saucy to them for no reason, especially at the train station.

Pointless.
  • 40-50 year old blokes getting saucy to them for no reason, especially at the train station.

Pointless.

Yeah he wasn't interested in me. Sorry. I'm embarrassed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could it be that we all want to talk about something else?
  • Walk in the park compared to the lock in at Celtic Park after the England game this year and then 1hr march back Into the City.

I think England in Rome 97 was a two hour lock in if im not mistaken.

I was surprised we got out so quick tbf.
  • cafc4life said:

Not to mention blokes calling the police fat c...., with kids under 10 on their shoulders and we wonder why kids are undisciplined in school.
  • cafc4life said:

The decision by our club to allow them out first the other season is still far worse.
    Except it was not the clubs decision.
  • Kap10 said:

cafc4life said:

The decision by our club to allow them out first the other season is still far worse.
    Except it was not the clubs decision.
    Who's was it then? We are the only to have done this to their homes fans.
  • Walk in the park compared to the lock in at Celtic Park after the England game this year and then 1hr march back Into the City.

I think England in Rome 97 was a two hour lock in if im not mistaken.

I was surprised we got out so quick tbf.

Get treated like second class citizens at times.