Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How can anyone say we didn't turn up?

I feel this deserves a thtead of its own.I think fans saying we played badly need to take a long look in the mirror. We gave everything in terms of effort. Maybe we lacked certain qualities in certain areas but they did try hard. In the end we put in so much effort that we burnt out a bit. In the first half we had to soak up a home taking the game to us and we had done that well. But we gave it our all and thats all you can ask.

Comments

• Sorry I don't see it

IMO we shirked pretty much every tackle, there was no passing just hoofs down field, but it is always the same Millwall get themselves up for us but we don't do the same for them, Yes it was ruined by the red card but to say the players gave all they could is wrong IMO
  • Fans didn't turn up
  • edited April 2015
    Screenshot 2015-04-03 19.39.35
  • Same old same old really. With 8 players who have never played at the Den and a new, foreign manager, I convinced myself that there was a new regime with no 'fear' factor that would blitz a very poor team. Sadly, it was business as usual with us looking like the bottom 3 side and them looking more like Brazil. For some bizarre, unexplainable reason everyone sat off their players, gave them too much space and respect and, therefore, gave them super-confidence. The only performance of note was Henderson's. To be honest I am more than gutted. The usual hour wait to be let out of the sheep pen only to have a rain soaked moped ride back to Orpington capped off a really shitty day. Parker to score for Fulham on Tuesday anybody?
  • WSS said:

Fans didn't turn up

you're right there mate - saw a completely empty stand below us !!!
  • The true Charlton fans were at The Valley lining the pockets of the Belgian rather than the American.
  • We were clearly the better football team but they were better than us overall and created more chances. saying anything else is just blinkered.
  • They were awful, we were worse.

It would have been a heavy defeat against a better team
  • We started poorly but I feel with 11 men we would of grown into the game and probably started passing the ball well and creating some chances. We could never get going with 10....
  • Sponsored links:

• Our players all tried but dont forget it was life or certain death [metaphorically of course] for milllwall.We turned up but they turned up and showed more bottle.Ending the game with no forwards[church is not a forward] meant there was no way back despite 4 more mins and 6 mins overtime.
  • I'm sorry but we were rubbish
  • But hasn't it been a thing at Charlton for years that we ALWAYS lower our game to the standard of the other team. We never seem to play well against crap teams, we just end up player at their level not ours.
  • There seems to be a trend for us lately to start matches slowly and come to life in the second half so I wasn't too worried that Millwall made all the early running, especially given their do or die situation. But with Solly's dismissal we had to blunt our attack to make up for the gap at the back and then were always on the back foot. It seems that everything conspires against us when we play that lot. I've been watching these games for nearly fifty years and often we seem to play Millwall when they are on the up and we are on the way down. This time it was different. We had a real chance to beat them and so that red card was gutting. The more I see the incident which led to it the more convinced I am that it was ball to hand, not deliberate hand ball (if indeed it was hand ball at all, which is far from clear). I don't believe the players bottled it or lacked effort yesterday. It was just things going against us like they always do.
  • I noticed the number of time we were half a stride short for any loose ball.
    Also how we got stuck in pinball table tackles and failed to clear the ball - yet often stood off their man and allowed him to pick out a pass / shoot.

Personally/IMO/Sorry if it offends/happy to disagree with you/blah blah blah.......but

Church is just a passenger in our squad
    Eagles is the new Church
    Our manager should never take Watt off without a proper reason
    We need a stronger skipper on the field than Solly
    Johnson may not be as good as he thinks.

Plus Points:
    Hendo is a decent keeper.
    Gomez is superb.
  • Some fans set their standards too high.
  • Some fans set their standards too high.

Yeah, we shouldn't expect to beat a woeful team near enough dead certs to go down.