Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool Away

Just dawned on me that Scott Carson won't be playing - meaning that Randolph will get his debut?
Discuss!

Comments

• Options
    "Debutant is Addicks Saviour

Darren Randolph, making his first ever Premier league appearance. held Liverpool at bay at Anfield to preserve Charlton's top flight status. The young netminder pulled off a sting of brilliant saves including a thrice taken penalty awarded when Diawara looked at Steven Gerrad in a "nasty" way according to stand in referee Alan Hansen.

The point earnt from the 0-0 draw was enough to keep Charlton up despite Fulham's last gasp winner at Middlesboro and the FA's decision to award West Ham an EXTRA three points last month as an apology for suggesting that they might have even thought about doing anything dodgy over the signings of the two Argentines."
  • Options
    Thomas Mhyre will definately play.

Thats why we didnt let him go back to the Norweigan league when it started this April I think.
  • Options
    I forgot Myhre was still here - he must be might pi**ed off.
  • Options
    Mind you sounds like we'd be better off with Randolph:

http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=69459
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]"Debutant is Addicks Saviour

Darren Randolph, making his first ever Premier league appearance. held Liverpool at bay at Anfield to preserve Charlton's top flight status. The young netminder pulled off a sting of brilliant saves including a thrice taken penalty awarded when Diawara looked at Steven Gerrad in a "nasty" way according to stand in referee Alan Hansen.

The point earnt from the 0-0 draw was enough to keep Charlton up despite Fulham's last gasp winner at Middlesboro and the FA's decision to award West Ham an EXTRA three points last month as an apology for suggesting that they might have even thought about doing anything dodgy over the signings of the two Argentines."

surely it is crying out for the following headline:

'Randolph the Red-Nosed Saviour'
    although I daresay that would depend on us winning (a certainty) and him having his nose broken sometime during the game (not a certainty).
  • Options
    it's a bit worrying though if we rely on a keeper who has already signed a contract elsewhere and is peeved off at a lack of games this season including the ressies. I'd rather go with Randolph, a young, up and coming keeper who wants desperately to play for us. He's been on the bench for the last couple of months and who knows could have been called upon from the first minute in any one of them so Pards must have faith in him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]Thomas Mhyre will definately play.

Thats why we didnt let him go back to the Norweigan league when it started this April I think.[/quote]

I reckon we didn't let him go only because if either or both Carson and Randolph had got injured we'd have been in big trouble.
  • Options
    Let Randolph play .After beating Blackburn and the Spuds what have we got to lose ?!?!?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kev.wins[/cite]Let Randolph play .After beating Blackburn and the Spuds what have we got to lose ?!?!?

:-)
    Then Scott Carson will demand to play for Charlton for the rest of career cos he loves the club as much as the fans!
  • Options
    Spot on !