Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euro Disney

Hello All, I have just booked up a 4 day break for myself and my girls, 6 & 9, just wondering if any of you lifers out there could give me a heads up on the park,best rides, food quality & prices on the park etc and generally good things to do, bad things to avoid, your hints & tips would be much appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• edited March 2015
    It's a good idea to pre-book Cafe Mickey when you get there for later in the week.
    It gets very busy, so you'd have to pre-book.
    A lot of the characters wonder around in there for photos and autographs.

Also, download the App that gives you 'real-time' waiting times for the rides.
    That way you can always pick the shorted queue to save a bit of time!

edit: iphone App
  • Best ride Space Mountain but was closed when I went in June.
    Indianna Jones ride was good but over very quickly.
    Tower of terror is brilliant, which is in the other part of the park. (You may be better off doing one day in the park and one day in the studios and then going to and throw on the last 2 days.

Food is a rip off, and crap in the park especially the Western restaurant thats near the big ship. However in the village bit, there is the rainforest cafe, Hardrock cafe and cafe mickey which are all expensive but a better then the food in the actual park. I know its not ideal but use Macdonalds a few times as its cheaper and you know what your getting. If you can buy drinks away from the park and bring them in, as again they a silly prices in the park.

Work out what time the parades are and once you have seen it once or twice plan your times to go on the big rides when they are happening to shorten the waiting times.

You will all enjoy it, but you will be nakered and short of a few bob when you get back.
  • Be prepared to quite literally fight to get your kids photos with the characters. We go to the California one annually and everyone lines up nice and politely with an 'after you' attitude.

Went to the Paris one a couple of years ago and quite literally saw some poor guy dressed as Mickey overpowered by a German / French / Belgian bundle. They cannot queue on the continent!
  • Be prepared to quite literally fight to get your kids photos with the characters. We go to the California one annually and everyone lines up nice and politely with an 'after you' attitude.

Went to the Paris one a couple of years ago and quite literally saw some poor guy dressed as Mickey overpowered by a German / French / Belgian bundle. They cannot queue on the continent!

This is so true. When we took my daughter a few years back she was literally shoulder charged out of the way by some crazy German woman. She was close to tears and I was close to smacking her husband.

Thankfully it was difused when the princess who's autograph she was trying to get spotted what had happened and blanked the mad woman's kids and made a point of picking my daughter out and seeing her before the said Germans.

Totally different in Florida and is all very respectful.
  • If you want the autographs of the princesses, try the Cinderillion restaurant. The food is expensive, even by Disney standards, but the princesses go from table to table. Another tip for the characters is the 5*Disney hotel is alive with them. We got a free upgrade last october, and every meal has characters buzzing about. The most autographs we've ever got, by a distance. As has been said earlier, meeting the characters in the`park is a scrummage.
    Rides, the new Ratatouille is fun, and suits all ages, while my wife likes the haunted hotel. Take care with the nemo one (Crush's coaster?), as it goes wild half way through and scared the wits out of my daughters! Basically, it's magic. Have fun !!
  • I cant remember the name of it but there is a car ride where parents do the pedals and kids do the steering and you drive in these 50's style American cars.

I reckon I went on it 30 times in 3 days when I went there a couple of years ago. My lad loved it.

Agree on the rudeness of the Europeans but their lack of concern over health and safety compared to the UK is a blessing. Rides that would take an hour to queue for in the UK are done in half the time over there as they squeeze you on and off, often when the ride is moving..

Food is average and expensive and you need to book early, Rainforest Cafe is ok.

Any hotel from Sequoia Lodge upwards are fine, in my experience it was just a place to sleep, eat breakfast and change for the evening.

We all enjoyed it, especially having the direct train from Ebsfleet which makes it so much easier.

Oh, and dont be ashamed to make up rolls for lunch from the breakfast buffet, although I did get bored with cheese rolls by day 3..
  • We went a few weeks ago and it was packed. The queues were over 70 mins for some of the rides. Had a great time and the kids really enjoyed it. Stayed in the disney hotel and got the food deal which was good value. One thing we did find disapointing is that you can get into the park two hours before it opens if you stay in the hotel but once in the park there are only a couple of roundabout type rides open and all the lands are roped off. Not worth going in early.
  • The newest ride and it really is a very big departure from the norm is Ratatouie in The Studios Park. Great for kids and a great chance to relax on a slow but very high tech ride. Book Cafe Mickey in Disney Village couple of days in advance. You can call them from here to book it. Well worth it but like all Disney eateries not cheap. Everything there at the moment is geared up for "Frozen" which I assume your kids will know. Make sure you get good spaces to see the spectacular evening display. Worth getting a place early and standing there. Boring but worthwhile. Last word. I was there in December - Beware pickpockets. Seriously. I was dipped at the display. Quite a few kids from (I'm told) Romania. All they got from me was a Mars bar.
  • Thanks everyone, will be making notes with the wife tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• No probs mate
  • Thanks everyone, will be making notes with the wife tonight

I think your wife wants to watch the England game mate
  • Got back from there last week. Space mountain closed, but loads of decent rides. Buzz light year is quite fun, and the stuff in the studios like the aerosmith rollercoaster. I didn't go to any shows but they are meant to be good. The middle eastern restaurant in the park acrabar of something like that is good but expensive, otherwise best bet is the village. Have fun!
  • In terms of accommodation, hope they've upgraded Davey Crockett's shit tip. Never felt so ripped off in my life. Thank God we only stayed two nights. Mind you, the housekeeping was 2nd to none and the lady received a well-earned tip for clearing up after my vomiting son.
  • Take coats and umbrellas.
  • Just got back from the trip had a great time thanks for all the tips it was worth every penny
  • I went a few years ago but to be honest it was very Mickey Mouse.
  • I went a few years ago but to be honest it was very Mickey Mouse.
  • New Ratatouie ride excellent - was very impressed with it technically. Glad you enjoyed - it is a bit too commercial for me, but I have to put up with it as wife and son love it. I cant get over the large number of shops selling basically the same things. Advice can depend on your hotel too. I have stayed at the New York, Newport Bay and Santa Fe in recent years.
  • New Ratatouie ride excellent

My fiancé painted the leaves.and flowers on that.
  • Sponsored links:

• just spent the weekend there and gotta say you are never too old for Disney, especially at Christmas, too my 3 girls who are 9, 6 and 1....anyone planning to go or has it booked, then my tips are (take the kids out of school Friday!)

- we got there mid morning Friday and did all the decent rides with no more than a 15/20 min wait all day, sat/sun the queues were up to 2 hours on anything decent, Space Mountain is awesome as is the Buzz Lightyear ride. Also Indiana Jones well worth doing, for the little ones then Its a Small World is a must.
    - rides on the Friday and then sat/sun do the shows and character meets etc.
    - watch the parades and especially the Christmas parade on Saturday evening, fake snow coming down etc. Parade is at 5.30, get in your spot 45 mins before that.
    - stay for the fireworks show at 10pm on the sat night, kids were hanging but we'd have been absolutely gutted to have missed it.
    - watch the shows in the Disney Studios, the Mickey Magic Show and Cinemagic well worth the queue.

as you'd expect the place is ridiculously expensive, try and take packed lunch in with you. Dinner wise we did the character dinner at Mickey's café, but definitely book up.

be prepared to spend half the time arguing with the French who have no concept of queuing at all, especially those just standing in front of the kids at the parades (when we'd been waiting patiently for half an hour)

Kids absolutely loved it though, something magical about Disney at Christmas and my little one 6, whispered in my ear Saturday night whilst watching the parade 'thanks Dad, I think I've had the best day of my life' that alone made it worth it and bought a tear to my eye as it was totally unprovoked.

I'm back in work for a rest today !

How busy was the park during your stay ?

• Friday half empty, sat/sun mental busy.
  • Love it. Took our kids there twice and we took our grandsons a couple of years ago.

Busy, expensive, long queues and knackering, but...................................worth it to see the look on the kids faces.
  • brogib said:

Heard it's been closed down by Environmental Health mate, 2 6 foot mice been spotted in there

He's a funny fella.

Got a picture of my old Lucca an all

RIP Luccie x
  • brogib said:

Heard it's been closed down by Environmental Health mate, 2 6 foot mice been spotted in there

He's a funny fella.

Got a picture of my old Lucca an all

RIP Luccie x
    If only he'd have known a good exterminator...