Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Film: "Jack to a King - the Swansea City story"

Couldn't access "Next goal wins" but managed to grab this.

Fabulous. What those guys have achieved is staggering. A film that will make you believe again.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, brilliant film - loved it.
  • Options
    Where is this available? Can't find it anywhere.

Hard to believe that just over 10 years ago, they had to win their final game of the season against Hull City to stay in the football league, yet a decade on and they're now both premier teams.
    Both Alan Tate & Leon Britton joined a very elite group of players that have played in all 4 divisions for the same club..........
  • Options

Where is this available? Can't find it anywhere.

Hard to believe that just over 10 years ago, they had to win their final game of the season against Hull City to stay in the football league, yet a decade on and they're now both premier teams.
    Both Alan Tate & Leon Britton joined a very elite group of players that have played in all 4 divisions for the same club..........

Try this

Don't know why it hasn't had an airing on national TV. That final game against Hull features. The guy who scored a hat-trick in that game had to retire next season due to a knee injury and is now an ambulance man. Leon Britton is extensively featured, still looking and sounding like a young kid who has lived through a fabulous dream.

When I look at the FAPL table and see where they are, it makes me feel good. Great people too, their Trust guys, I went to meet them last year. They've been able to maintain their 20% stake in the club. Indeed that's the final statement of the film.
  • Options
    @PragueAddick , I assume that link is for some download site? Can't tell, as Virgin have put it upon themselves to be the internet police, so it's blocked.

Not to worry though, I downloaded it this morning using my Tor browser :wink: ...........
  • Options

@PragueAddick , I assume that link is for some download site? Can't tell, as Virgin have put it upon themselves to be the internet police, so it's blocked.

Not to worry though, I downloaded it this morning using my Tor browser :wink: ...........

Congratulations. Just mentioning that browser has earned you 'person of interest' status at GCHQ :wink:

Yes it was for a download site called Kickass. I use it in conjunction with Vuze. Generally faultless quality although subtitles can be an issue. Actually in the Swansea film they didn't have any titles giving the names of the people speaking to camera, which I thought was a bit odd.
  • Options
    Just finished watching it. Very good documentary. Would love to see a decent one about our club.

For anyone who has seen the swansea film and are interested, here's a documentary about their must win game V's Hull in 03 and equally following Exeter's match against Southend to see who would drop out of the league. I think it was made for Dutch TV, but (apart from the opening sequence) is in English. Definately worth a viewing........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l61hr-rdsB0
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07cbdt0/jack-to-a-king-the-swansea-story

On I player again. Fantastic and worth a watch especially for the first half of it when they want the chairman out. The 2 lads in the balaclavas are a scream.

The fans never gave up and that shows to me that we must never give up getting rid of our owner as well. Inspiring.
  • Options
    Enjoying it but is it just me or does it not have any captions telling me who the people taking are