Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reality bites ...

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Maybe complacency, but I haven't really thought about the concept of relgation until this morning. At Christmas we were down, but we still had half a season to go, you never know.

When I look back 10 years, I knew most of the players in the Championship/ First Division what ever you want to call it. I thought we should go out and buy the best the Championship had to offer. Now I haven't the foggiest who plays for whom ... is Frank Sinclair still at Burnley? I have tried to watched some of the Championship matches on sky recently, and the standard is pants. I think the long ball tactics as used against Shffield United were Pards way of saying this will be it next season.

If Benty goes, which he wil, we need to get a couple of decent 15 goal a season strikers. Who they are I don't know, but it's going to be weird when we play Scunthorpe at home.

Comments

• Options
    pressure getting to you ?
  • Options
    your not the same now you've turned 27....

i agree, its frightening. i haven't a clue who plays for who. But its not going to happen, because we are going to get a minimum 4 points of Blackburn and Spurs, and we are going to stay up.

So there !
  • Options
    Dunno what to say to that!

I have seriously pondered the thought of relegation and it's not an attractive option.

A lot has changed since we last went down
  • Options
    i haven't given relegation a second thought...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]pressure getting to you ?

No not really. I remember watching us beat Bournemouth in a Cup tie 2-1, Walsh and Hales in the last few minutes and on the way home thought is this as good as it gets!!!! Little did I know what would happen over the next few years.

I thought about relegation this morning after the train stopped by the New London Stadium.

I have to say it makes no difference to me if we are in the Prem, the Championship or we plummetted to the conference. I'd still be their to support the team.
  • Options
    We are staying up!!
  • Options
    Riscardo (27) - CL's very own Doctor Who..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Riscardo (27) - CL's very own Doctor Who..

CL??????

Well that's my age, don't take a fence
  • Options
    CL Charlton Life.. SJ Sen Jim..
  • Options
    Hey, Riscardo, mate....

Tomorrow's important, and everybody's thinking about that.

If you have any doubts, read Salad Spinner's post above...... ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just said reality bites. I was thinking about the situation if we do get relegated. I'm not about to revel in it ....

Just wondred if Frank Sinclair was still plying his trade in the Championship really ...
  • Options
    I hope he is if the worst happens. He's due another own goal brace
  • Options
    If you look at the championship its the hardest league to get out of...

I fear we are going to turn into the likes of

Ipswich
    Norwich
    Wolves
    Coventry
    Southampton
    Leicester City

Very Hard league to get out of. If we loose key players I think we could find ourselfs with a squad no better than alot of them teams.

If you run through the players who would leave your looking at

Carson
    El Kak/Diawara
    Young
    Romm
    Thomas
    Song
    Marcus Bent
    Darren Bent
    Zheng

WE BETTER STAY UP!