Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Semi Ajayi off to Cardiff

2»

Comments

• Options

buckshee said:

Scoham said:

buckshee said:

Scoham said:

addick05 said:

Came through our academy.

OK but, so what? Hundreds have done that.

Some of us are interested in former players careers, especially those from our academy.
    Especially when our owners see fit to see them only offered a 6 month pro contract so we end up losing them for free and they go on to be internationals.
    Left summer 2013, can’t blame Roland for this one.

Was it a budget issue or just that he wasn’t rated that highly?
    Wasn’t blaming Roland, it was the spivs that only offered him 6 months.
    Iirc it was part budget and part that Powell rated the Irish lad CB more highly so offered the Irish boy the longer contract... he has now given up footy altogether so Powell got that decision wrong.
    Are you talking about Feely, dont think he has given up on football I heard he was back in Ireland at St Patricks.

I am probably wrong tho
    Kevin Feely has definitely left Association Football... Now plays Gaelic Football

Seems to be doing alright at it too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Feely
  • Options

buckshee said:

Scoham said:

buckshee said:

Scoham said:

addick05 said:

Came through our academy.

OK but, so what? Hundreds have done that.

Some of us are interested in former players careers, especially those from our academy.
    Especially when our owners see fit to see them only offered a 6 month pro contract so we end up losing them for free and they go on to be internationals.
    Left summer 2013, can’t blame Roland for this one.

Was it a budget issue or just that he wasn’t rated that highly?
    Wasn’t blaming Roland, it was the spivs that only offered him 6 months.
    Iirc it was part budget and part that Powell rated the Irish lad CB more highly so offered the Irish boy the longer contract... he has now given up footy altogether so Powell got that decision wrong.
    Are you talking about Feely, dont think he has given up on football I heard he was back in Ireland at St Patricks.

I am probably wrong tho
    Playing Gaelic football now according to Wikipedia
  • Options
    McGinty?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Feely, that’s him. Plays Gaelic football now for Kildare.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    If there is one thing this regime has done better than the last it's been securing youth team players to contracts to protect their valuation.