Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mike Dean from the Wirral !

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
but thats in Lancashire, Blackburn is in Lancashire how biased is he going to be tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    that's like saying Steve Bennett can never referee us
  • Options
    he shouldnt
  • Options
    After he missed the blatant hand ball against the Gunners he should not referee us again.

But then again he was not as bad as Clattenburg when we played the Arse this season. How the Fuck did he not send off at least one of Hoyte and Van Persie I will never know, then he also missed an equally blatant hand ball.
  • Options
    but then how was Song not sent off for the kick at Sidwell.............swings and roundabouts !!!
  • Options
    Out of order tong - referees may be many things but they are not cheats
  • Options
    Who was the premier league ref who was involved in a betting syndicate a couple of years ago ?
  • Options
    Another shocking decision from our old friend Mr Dean in the Burnley v Blackburn game this lunchtime. Jensen does not touch Olsson, but he gives a pen. The bloke has not improved since the catalogue day against Leicester in 2001.
  • Options
    Agreed, shocking decision from a shocking referee. Yet we all know our beloved FA won't do anything about this
  • Options
    Is it really a shocking decision? Can you honestly say you knew 100% that Olsson dived as the incident happened? My instinct was a definite penalty and not until the third replay from a head on angle can you clearly see that it is a dive. In my opinion Mike Dean is one of our best refeeres. Surely the bigger problem is players deliberately conning the officials and attempting to get their fellow professionals sent off?
  • Options
    I said dive straight away, probably the benefit of HD. Either way could you say Dean was 100% sure it was a penalty? If he wasn't why give it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i thought it was touch and go ... will the blackburn player be banned for a dive ... maybe the defender might've nicked him and made him stumble!
  • Options
    How did Mike Dean miss the Jason Brown handball outside the box, awful ref!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I thought "dive" straight away when I saw it.
    Shocking decision.

Although Burnley's season is 38 games, same as everyone elses, and the table doesn't lie - it's this type of a decision from a referee that can result in just surviving or just being relegated.

The referee can just shrug his shoulders and carry on ....he's not bothered, won't affect his income.

But can impact on the futures of the Burnley club and players for the next 10 years.
  • Options
    Can't quote but I have to agree with Oggy, who remembers the free kick awarded by Graham Poll for handball vs Fulham at The Valley which led to their last minute equalliser in our relegation season? Who knows, that win could have inspired the team to kick on & allowed Pardew to complete the great escape.
  • Options
    My "favourite" decision against us was at Anfiled in 98/99 when we drew 3-3, against MR Paul Alcocks hard work (top bloke that Di Canio). We were two one up and Robbo chipped a ball forward to the unmarked Hunt who won a foot race with the advancing keeper and preceded to knock it around him, at which point the whistle went because one of their lot had caught Robbo late. Leaving everyone with anything to do with Charlton dumbfounded and Hunt standing in front of an open goal shouting at the twot in black.

The Pole incident was not his fault, but is certainly the worst decision by a lino/ref's assistant I have ever seen at a Charlton match