Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The dangers of texting while driving

This is a public info film. The video is designed to shock idiots that do text when driving. Not least when the video reaches 1m 58s where the little girl wants her mummy and daddy to wake up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBrxmuXmYVs

Sadly this is true and things like this have happened in the past.

Comments

• edited March 2015
    This is really old, I saw this about 5 years ago.
  • edited March 2015
    The comedy squelching noises do kind of reduce the impact this is meant to have.

Also, this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsOk9Ln1qOY
  • Unfortunately as morons will always be around this will never stop, but hopefully numbers will be reduced.
  • edited March 2015
    I assuming the parents of the little girl in the red Fiesta were already both asleep before the accident, seeing as they ploughed into the side of a another accident which had started when they were way back from it and ended with the other vehicles stationary on the wrong side of the road.

It's a fair enough message, not personally convinced these staged shock videos have much impact though.
  • Two weeks ago I had to do an emergency stop as a stupid bint was about to drive straight into me. As she pulled out she didn't look where she was going as her eyes were firmly on her phone. I see a lot of youngish girls doing this - so the video rings true in a sense. The other group I see doing this a lot is van drivers. Not good.
  • And how many people get points for doing it? Very few. Police should be on this!

I don't know how people can feel in control of a car when they're reading facebook
  • And how many people get points for doing it? Very few. Police should be on this!

I don't know how people can feel in control of a car when they're reading facebook

The problem is that it is almost impossible to enforce, unless you have cops everywhere. Better to send the message out, I think it does have an effect. I don't use my phone when driving and it's not because I am afraid of being caught but because I'm aware of how dangerous it is. A lot of other countries don't have a mobile phone ban but I imagine anyone who crashes whilst using one would definitely have a harder time avoiding a conviction.
  • Im with a few of use on this.

Siri is a saviour for not texting whilst driving for many, just to hold the button and ask it to do something can be good. It can also annoy you when it doesn't get it right but overall it saves you not having to put your eyes on your phone.

Also whats with the red car? Ages away to see the accident and also driving on the other side of the road. I know it's to add impact but was they texting too? Bit stupid.
  • Apparently I can give the car voice commands to send texts. But is that going to be any safer? I doubt it. I actually never have the phone turned on when driving.
    And as for those morons that wear headphones while driving thus blocking out the information provided by background noise - like from a motorbike in a blindspot for example. Utter stupidity - what are they thinking?