Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Great Albums of..... 1977

2»

Comments

• I got married that year too steviec, I think we drew away to Oldham.
  • Moody Blue - Elvis
  • Foreign Affairs - Tom Waits
    Bullinamingvase - Roy Harper
    OneWorld - John Martyn
    Rendevous - Sandy Denny
  • Blimey what a classic year..
    2 of my top ten albums of all time
    Rattus Norvegicus - The Stranglers
    Low - David Bowie
    add to that; Rumours; Never mind the bollocks etc.

Honourable mention to: - Beach Boys - Love You
    and after years of "concept" albums a fantastic return to form for The Kinks - Sleepwalker
  • There must have been a Boz Scaggs album that year too, I can remember hitting the road in the sunshine with "Lido Shuffle" blasting out.

Musically, not just the albums but the whole scene with live venues opening up after the disco desert, and never knowing what great new thing Capital Radio would play next - they did a decent job of keeping their finger on the pulse, especially Roger Scott...it was a special year to live through in London. Thanks for the memory!
  • Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (1 / car)
  • Fanx Tara - sad cafe and Out of the Blue - ELO
  • Can someone wake me up when we get to 1984, I may have some suggestions.
  • Great year for albums. All my faves mentioned already but I'll add Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes by Jimmy Buffett.
  • "
    1977 was a great year for music. Quick To iPod

It was a great year for mankind an all coz I was born in the May
  • Sponsored links:

• My reputation among Friends and Family is a child of thr eighties, but I can contribute here.

Ultravox, Ha Ha Ha
    The Stranglers - Rattus Norvegicus (Marvellous finale - Down in the Sewer, great live)
    The Stranglers - No More Heroes

and I think

Queen - News of the World
  • I got married that year too steviec, I think we drew away to Oldham.

No we definitely lost 7-1 away to luton. Remember my mates getting on the transistor straight after the ceremony and me thinking it was a wind up. Nearly ruined the day
  • stevec said:

I got married that year too steviec, I think we drew away to Oldham.

No we definitely lost 7-1 away to luton. Remember my mates getting on the transistor straight after the ceremony and me thinking it was a wind up. Nearly ruined the day
    Perhaps you weren't the only one to get married that year, Steve ...... ?

;o)
  • Bad Reputation - Thin Lizzy
    Live! and Rockin All Over The World - Status Quo
  • J J Cale - "Troubadour".
    One of the albums of the 70s.
  • Wasn't that good a year for music what with the deaths of Elvis, Bing Crosby and three members of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

These tragedies were only partially offset by the execution of Gary Gillmore and the resultant little ditty performed by The Adverts.