Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Theo Walcott

You have to admire the brashness of players like Theo Walcott, who was out of action for a year, hasn't managed to get his way back into the first team, and then has the cheek to ask for a pay-rise on his next deal!!

Imagine that scenario in any other industry, and I think that we all know what the reaction of our respective management would be!

I so wish that certain players were on pay-as-you-play deals, as I am absolutely certain that they would be spending a lot less time in the Physio's room, if that were the case.

Poor old Corey Gibbs, would have had to have checked out of the Bexleyheath Marriot and down to Carrrington House!

Comments

• Options
    And an above average player at that. Symptomatic of the non winner Arsenal have cultivated over the years. I remember when he was bitching about not starting as the central striker for them after he got a couple of goals against Reading in the league cup. He's so wasteful in front of goal, yet thinks he's a top forward
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Stories also circulating this morning that Liverpool may be interested in him replacing Sterling if they cannot agree a new deal with him.

Walcott's Agent leaking that story no doubt to try and influence things!

Failed to live up to his early hype at Arsenal and a proper sicknote!
  • Options
    Apart from his injury record, which is admittedly poor, I think Walcott is one of the best players at Arsenal and the logic that he's profligerate in front of goal is a little outdated. During his best run, the season before last, he scored 21 in 43 plus a dozen assists, mostly from out wide.
  • Options
    massively overrated player, he's a fast runner without a football brain
  • Options
    I keep thinking Walcott will be a worldie when he's older... Then you realise he's 26.

Will end up being a Michael Owen type, when his pace goes he'll be a nothing player.
  • Options
    He's got the pace of Usain Bolt and delivers as well as Royal Mail... too much emphasis is placed on pace in the modern game yet in reality if your not very fast and if you've got a Footballing brain then you'll be in the right spot before the ball anyway
  • Options
    and he keeps getting selected for England .. as a footballer he's a good male model/clothes horse .. BUT .. he does the exceptional every now and then and there are so few English players capable of doing that