Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Clark Admits Relegation for Blackpool ("We'll go down by a massive margin")

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/clark-we-are-going-down-by-a-massive-margin-1-7157490

Normally when a team is on it's way down, they will at least give some fight, just to give themselves and everyone around them a glimmer of hope. Apparently Lee Clark and the Seasiders haven't gotten that message. Seems as though they have all but given up on this season, and Clark does nothing short of berating his players in this article. Clark has lost all faith as have all of his players, and with the mood as it is up in Blackpool, we need to take advantage of that. Anything but a win tomorrow will be very disappointing. All I can do is feel for the Blackpool supporters, hopefully they get this mess straightened out before the worse comes to worst

Comments

• They'll be in league 2 in 15 months time.
  • The donkeys on Blackpool beach have got more enthusiasm than Lee Clark.
  • Crikey that's depressing reading for Blackpool fans.
  • edited March 2015
    Dontcha just love the optimist that is Lee Clark, it must be a real grin in his dressing room, oh how he must motivate you. I bet the donkeys on Blackpool Beach are also less stubborn than him....and probably smell better too.
  • Crikey I thought Lee Clark was too thick to realise anything, no matter how obvious. TBH as a player listening to his his Northern drone, during a team talk, would either put you to sleep or make you suicidal.
  • S'pose he's going for reverse physcology... Coming out with this comment takes the pressure of the players and allows them to play with a bit of freedom.

Never know, before they know it they could be back in the survival fight
  • So he set his side up (442) to take the game to them.
    I dont think tactics are Clark's strong point.
    Most in Blackpools place would have set a side up not to let one in early, frustrate and may be nick a goal at some point.
    May be walk away with a narrow defeat but one that you can take something from a fair performance.
  • I'm extremely disappointed. I was hoping to see another "I've won the world cup, champions league" celebration from him.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziGlhLN2IF4
  • edited March 2015
    I didn't read it in that way actually, it looks as though he's saying they're going to teams at the top of the league, being lambs to the slaughter and going down by a massive margin (as in losing by). That's what the whole article is about.
    But I could well be wrong :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

I didn't read it in that way actually, it looks as though he's saying they're going to teams at the top of the league, being lambs to the slaughter and going down by a massive margin (as in losing by). That's what the whole article is about.
    But I could well be wrong :)

I think you're right @Talal. Im pretty sure he's been taken out of context in the way you describe, which is a bit naughty, but having said that, he should have chosen his words more carefully. He's got experience with the press - he must know if you give a sound bite like that, they'll use it to sensationalise their story. Stupid really.