Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Orchard Theatre Dartford - Quick bit of advice please

2»

Comments

• Sorry thought you meant the ex waitrose car park.

No problem. PS I'm told by the fruits of my loins that Zen is now called Breathe or Air or something like that!
    Was Flicks in my day. Gawd I feel old.

• Riviera said:

ads said:

Riviera said:

What's on at the Orchard then? Cracking little venue, just park in the multi, lift right into the foyer.

Calendar Girls the musical
    I see, Dave Mehmet and Shag have booked a box for the whole run I believe.......
    Seen it before and wrote this review for the local paper - "yes, yes, probably, yes, after a few beers and f*** it go on then"
  • Cheers All,

Derren Brown Thursday night.

Different.

We're going tomorrow night. Saw him a couple of years ago, wasn't expecting that much but was really good. My wife got dragged up on stage for the big finale trick.
    My missus would literally go in to some sort of shock if she was asked to go on stage.

Id have a bash if asked fck it, only live once.

• Dave let me know what time it roughly finishes tomorrow mate

Will do mate.
  • Cheers All,

Different.

We're going tomorrow night. Saw him a couple of years ago, wasn't expecting that much but was really good. My wife got dragged up on stage for the big finale trick.
    My missus would literally go in to some sort of shock if she was asked to go on stage.

I took her for her birthday and in the first half he asked for anyone celebrating to stand up. He threw out a Frisbee which she caught and he did a little trick with her. When he called her name out and told her to come up on stage at the end of the second half she froze! Got her up and made everyone sing happy birthday then did the trick. Have got front row seats tomorrow and she's going to keep her head down.
  • missus booked ours at the back on purpose.
  • Cheers All,

Different.

Have got front row seats tomorrow and she's going to keep her head down.
    Thought that sort of thing was reserved for the back row.
  • Cheers All,

Different.

I'm not sure that he'd want to hypnotise you into doing that.
  • Cheers All,

Different.

I'm not sure that he'd want to hypnotise you into doing that.
    Hed have to hypnotise her!
  • Sponsored links:

• Parking I would recommend the retail park about 5 mins walk away. Is free and easy to get out of. Is the one with a b and q.

As for the Derren brown show, saw the first night on Friday. Was very impressed, a great show.
  • edited March 2015
    WSS said:

Only places i'd recommend to eat in Dartford are maybe the Greek Taverna or the curry house up the road from the theatre on the corner, Eden Palace I think it's called

They are both awful.
  • What about the restaurant in the theatre?
  • Think for some unknown reason we overlooked getting the train, gonna do that and have few beers beforehand.
  • Go to the flying boat for cheap drinks, then le tre sorelle Italian.
  • Will have a go
  • edited March 2015
    Tre Sorelle is way over-rated in my view. Ok when it opened but gone down hill and the eponymous three sisters are now nowhere to be seen. Go to the Jafflong.

Just after 10. Was very good.
  • Cheers all for advice, the parking advice (and traffic getting there about that time) was great help and swayed us to get train.

Cheers Dave, will be home in time for work then :(
  • Let us know how you got on.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    Missus was ill all day so had to drive, parked opposite Air/Breath, no traffic either way. All perfect.

She hadn't eaten all day and was proper rough, the funny thing was the woman next to her caught the Frisbee, she purposely got tickets on top tier to avoid usch a scenario (not that the missus tried to grab it) that woman had to get up on stage and eat a lightbulb at a dinner table.

Think I would have literally shit myself laughing if she had to go on stage and do that.

Great show, a real great performer, the mind boggles........
  • Where did you eat?.
  • didn't mate, missus was literally feeling ill thinking about food.