Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Kit Sponsors - Prize Draw this Sat - winners on P2

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Cheers paulie
  • Options
    Hope you all had a great time. Sounds like Paulie did, anyway!
  • Options
    Nice one Paulie. Glad you had good time.
  • Options
    Nice one Paulie. Didn't get to meet you although someone pointed out who you were but you were in convo with Guy Luzon at the time (who might I add looked v v relaxed and like he was enjoying himself)
  • Options
    Interesting Guy! Great conversation with him last night, together with Paulie and a few other Lifers.

Another good evening with the manager and our players. Joe Gomez and Yoni Buyens were good company and a credit to Charlton.
    006.JPG 137.6K
  • Options
    I was unable to go as have a severe leg problem. Have two friends who were at my table and enjoyed chatting with the players on it, but will leave it to them to share any thoughts on the evening in due course. Pleased everyone who did go seemed to have a great time, as I did last year.
  • Options
    It was a great evening and all the players were a credit to the club

I was on a table with Joe Gomez and Yoni Buyens as well as Paulie, Ashford Addick, Swisdom & DelRoofer and his group.

Both players were very genuine and very happy to chat. I think Paulie covered our general chat but both players seemed more than ok that contracts were mentioned every other comment.

Yoni likes it at Charlton but did say everything is out of his hands. In his words the owner bought me for money and I have only 1 year left and he wants money back for me. Being sold to Charlton would not generate him any money.

The biggest surprise of the evening was the half hour chat a few of had with Guy.

He came across as a very sincere person and was very open in his comments.

He wants to win every game. Does not want to draw and does not go out to draw.

He gave up professional football when he was about 21 as he knew he would not be at a level he wanted to be.

Cannot believe he has calmed down on the touchline but he thinks he has!

I thought is strange and it was backed up by Yoni that he does not announce the team. They know they are playing by what happens in training.

Must mention the magician who was excellent all night too.

A well organised night with great company.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    One more thing I remembered Joe was very professional when it came to dessert

Refused outright to have anything
    Yoni on the other hand :wink:
  • Options
    A great night, good to meet other Lifers, sat next to Joe Gomez, he said favourite away ground was Brighton, rooms with Morgan Fox, has seen all the hype about " 8 million Gomez to join Arsenal", but does not take much notice, in a happy place at the moment. Does not read CL as he might not like what he reads. Yoni has actually missed a penalty, which the keeper saved for SL. Getting Married soon and would have liked the Magician (who was excellent), at his wedding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have posted on Lawrie Wilson's thread, but feel I should add it here too. Have just received a call from Lawrie to apologise for not being there and his signed shirts not being returned in time for the evening. I sponsor his thrid kit. Delroofer, who sponsored first team kit has also posted, so just wanted to let you all know what a top bloke he is! Very friendly and easy to talk to.
  • Options

Does not read CL as he might not like what he reads.

Heard about Henry then...
  • Options
    Thanks for the various updates all, sounds like a brilliant evening. I'm at the POTY dinner on Sunday and hope it's just as good.

Sorry to hear about your leg @HantsAddick. Hope you are soon fully recovered.
  • Options
    Thank you. Will be missing POTY too.
  • Options
    I only have 4 of the 5 shirts that I was meant to be given! Who took the 5th? Thanks to the guys for getting stuff signed. Thanks to Brenda for organising. Players I feel for as I'm sure there are a million other places they would rather be. Watt bought us a drink when we arrived - nice touch, and was fascinated by the magician and his appearances on pen and teller which led to Watt on YouTube looking up magic for a while!
  • Options

I only have 4 of the 5 shirts that I was meant to be given! Who took the 5th? Thanks to the guys for getting stuff signed. Thanks to Brenda for organising. Players I feel for as I'm sure there are a million other places they would rather be. Watt bought us a drink when we arrived - nice touch, and was fascinated by the magician and his appearances on pen and teller which led to Watt on YouTube looking up magic for a while!

I've got the last one. I can bring tomorrow if you want or I'll be in the millennium before the game.

• Options
    anyone catch the magicians name, was looking for his appearance on Penn and Teller but can't find it
  • Options
    Tony Le Mesmer
  • Options
    Having said about the notepads above which I got from last years dinner was there not an executive gift at this one?

Suz I'll catch up with you as I will need to post shirts to winners.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Tony Le Mesmer

A-haaa! Grrrrrr!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They provided crystal "Valley" paperweights Curb_It to all guests.
  • Options
    delroofer said:

They provided crystal "Valley" paperweights Curb_It to all guests.

incredibly detailed, even got a Charlton Badge outside the north stand and wording on the seats
  • Options
    Who's shirt have you got @Swisdom ?
  • Options
    So @swisdom still has Addick in Exiles prize of Joe Gomez' shirt, three months on after many requests to send on to the winner. I dont know what is causing the hold up as people don't pay me the price of the postage and I just send it regular mail when sending abroad and take the risk if it doesn't turn up.

In fact the whole distributing the shirt thing is the least favourite bit of the whole task.

I would be grateful Swisdom if you can send it to him or if not post it to me and I will send it.

Sadie Jane and Vienna I still have your shirts that you wanted auctioned. But if anyone wants to organize that otherwise we have two shirts here, Fox and Ben Haims.

• Options
    Henry I has offered to the auction for the shirts if any take up? AFKA can you let me and HI know if okay?
  • Options
    Please just auction get it over with @Henry Irving poor Brenda has it all to do again soon lol
  • Options
    Been on holiday, addick in exile was shortly before me so there's been another delay. He sent me his name today and, after a huge amount of fucking about, it's getting posted tomorrow
  • Options
    Good. I'm sick of having to chase up on it.