Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton V Blackburn 2015 Match Thread

Comments

• Some scrambled Rovers defending to end the half, with three sliding clearances! It is #CAFC 0-2 Blackburn Rovers at HALF TIME.
  • Charlton aren't out of this but we need a goal pretty quickly in the second half.
  • Pretty grim from what I've heard. Seen multiple people say we are all over the place at the back.
  • Hope updates OK, Charlton live seems very slow
  • Put it this way: I'd be delighted if I was a Blackburn fan. Defensively sound and punishing the oppositions mistakes. It doesn't help us when we make their task ten times easier though.

Fox is the only one at the back who isn't having a mare. And that Doneil Henry fella at the back for them looks a proper talent.
  • Phhhhhaffff
  • We are still in 12th posistion
  • First time I've been in ages and were crap. No idea how we've won 5 out of 6 playing like this
  • Some suicidal defensive play. Johnson off at half time perhaps. Watt looks good, cousins playing well. Doesn't feel like we should be losing 2-0, but they took both chances very well so can't complain...
  • Bikey must be ready for a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    jams said:

First time I've been in ages and were crap. No idea how we've won 5 out of 6 playing like this

By not playing like this, presumably...
  • jams said:

First time I've been in ages and were crap. No idea how we've won 5 out of 6 playing like this

Simple: we haven't been playing like this.

The play is slow and without urgency. It looked like complacency might've set in after five wins in six; even Luzon wasn't out of his seat until we went 2 down.
  • Weird weird game, similar to a pre season friendly!
    Fox , Johnson and Ben Jain having a total mare! Slow tempo and nothing to play for now we're 'safe'
  • jams said:

perhaps jams, you should think of leaving:-)
  • Too many players off their game,Solly,Johnson,Igor,JBG.Buyens ineffective.Blackburn have created little,we have handed it to them.Players on their holidays already?.Half this side are out of contract at the end of the season
  • Blackburn haven't really carved us open. Both goals were of our own doing.

That said, it's clear that that is how Blackburn set out to play and so well done to them for being clinical.
  • First goal... Solly cleared for a throw, blackburn player caught the ball and quick release to put Rhodes through on goal, ball should have been cleared into row z allowing the defence to re-group.

Second goal, passing it around the back, Buyens plays a poor ball to Johnson who slipped letting in their player.

Going forward we look like we could nick a goal but we need to be more confident at the back
  • Rossman92 said:

Gotta be the first time this year we've had this much possession

We have done a lot of sideways and backward passing
  • edited March 2015
    Don't know if it's just me but I think we have played generally ok. Two poor defensive mistakes that we have been punished for. Can't gloss over that but I think we have played it around well. Just one of those games.
  • sammy391 said:

Weird weird game, similar to a pre season friendly!
    Fox , Johnson and Ben Jain having a total mare! Slow tempo and nothing to play for now we're 'safe'

Don't let Solly off with the blame. He's been equally poor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got to hand it to Blackburn as well. They seem to be playing it tight.
  • Possession 57-43
    Shots 5/7
    On target1/2
    Corners 4/3
    Fouls 2/5
  • First goal: Solly clears under pressure. Winger picks the ball up, throws it quickly to Rhodes running in behind TBH who was out of position. Rhodes coolly in off the post. 0-1

Second goal: the ball to Jonhson was across the back from TBH. He should've had enough to deal with but somehow conspired to display the technique of a seven year old. Ball was stolen and they're through again. Henderson no chance. 0-2

Could've been three nil when Solly played a hospital pass behind TBH and their other striker ran onto it. Luckily TBH timed his tackle or he would've been off the pitch.
  • Doesn't sound like much has happened, other than the goals of course.
  • Just seen a Rovers comment

at The Valley. Charlton's defence is funny !
  • Teams come out
  • We haven't been poor going forward. Blackburn just very good defensively.
  • No changes

• Second Half begins Charlton Athletic 0, Blackburn Rovers 2.
  • B/mouth 4-0
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!