Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buyens Unsure of Where Future Lies

edited March 2015 in General Charlton
Link from News Shopper site

Click Here

Some interesting quotes near the bottom about how Guy Luzon has managed their relationship since they have been reunited here at Charlton.

Comments

• Cant see him being here next year TBH.
  • Yeh I think that may well be the case
  • In some ways will be this summers version of Diego Poyet... Will he re-sign with Charlton / Wont he? - Ending with him signing for another English club

Good honesty from him as well by stating that he wasn't enthusiastic about Luzon being the Manager but good from both of them for pretty much saying... "What happened between us was at Liege, we cant let this effect Charlton as its not fair on them so lets work together and forget whatever happened"
  • don't think he'll resign, but if he didn't and we somehow managed to sign Diarra then I'd take that all day long

In theory that sounds ok, but seeing as we havent seen Diarra start a game in CM yet, maybe we should wait and see.
  • don't think he'll resign, but if he didn't and we somehow managed to sign Diarra then I'd take that all day long

In theory that sounds ok, but seeing as we havent seen Diarra start a game in CM yet, maybe we should wait and see.
    id take buyens over Diarra

• Not sure who I would take really like Buyens when on song, but I have been very impressed with Diarra too, would like to see him play 90 mins in the midfield though.
  • Hope he stays. If he can avoid the sort of slump he had several games ago he's a good member of the squad/ team.
  • Will miss his penalties if he goes...
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicholas said:

Not sure who I would take really like Buyens when on song, but I have been very impressed with Diarra too, would like to see him play 90 mins in the midfield though.

This:
    Buyens form dipped when the other coaches realized that Yoni likes to get the ball deep
    from the keeper and they started to press quicker, and both him and JJ are one paced,
    which you can't afford in the championship in 2014/15. since we had more options up front Yoni has played better. Tackling seems to be his biggest problem

Diarra is at the back end of he's career but could still be useful with his experience.

Jordon cousins has the legs and the power now to play central midfield but killer passes don't seem to be in his locker at the moment. I blame that sicknote and pipe smoker Jack Wilshere plus Araron Ramsey for CAFC losing their Coq. If he had stayed for a three month stay, i'm sure we could have been in the shake up now.

• He is a very good player. I hope he stays.
  • Cant see him being here next year TBH.

@wwaddickson's identity has been rumbled
  • In the Belgian interview, Buyens admitted he was concerned when Guy Luzon took over the reigns as Charlton head coach, due to there being some history between the pair at Standard Liege.

“At first I was not very enthusiastic,” he told the Belgian sports site.

“But Luzon has immediately taken to me and told me what had happened at Standard no longer mattered.”
    Sounds like good management from Guy.
  • How many midfielders have we ever had that play killer passes? I name Jensen and Murphy (for about 15 matches) . Now I'm struggling; when I say ever, I only go back to 93
  • Andy Reid
  • wmcf123 said:

How many midfielders have we ever had that play killer passes? I name Jensen and Murphy (for about 15 matches) . Now I'm struggling; when I say ever, I only go back to 93

Keith Peacock was always passing to Killer...
  • wmcf123 said:

How many midfielders have we ever had that play killer passes? I name Jensen and Murphy (for about 15 matches) . Now I'm struggling; when I say ever, I only go back to 93

When i said killer pass,I meant to the feet of a forward making a good run,
    This is CAFC we're talking about.
    I agree with Jensen and Murphy.

• wmcf123 said:

Matt Spring.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dale Stephens can pick a pass, was just the rest of his game he needed to work on at the time.
  • Jacko on his day can spray a ball
  • In some ways will be this summers version of Diego Poyet... Will he re-sign with Charlton / Wont he? - Ending with him signing for another English club

I'll be losing less sleep over it than the Poyet situation. The difference being losing Poyet meant losing our best player.

Losing Buyens just means.....well, don't know - not a lot.
  • Mort ,Robert Lee, Lee Bowyer could all play killer balls! My list could go on and on!
  • Frank Nouble