Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rob Lee on Baker & Kelly

edited March 2015 in General Charlton
Just clocked this whilst channel hopping, have been watching for twenty minutes and suprisingly you would never have known that Rob(ert) ever played for us.

They have just shown a clip from South America where a player came on as sub, jogged on to the pitch for about ten yards then immediatly pulled up with a hamstring, put his hand up and came straight off again. Rob(ert) said that he probably did it warming up but didn't say anything as otherwise he wouldn't have got his appearance money!

Comments

• Serves you right for watching such a shit show hosted by two complete dicks.
  • edited March 2015
    Riviera said:

Serves you right for watching such a shit show hosted by two complete dicks. </blockquote

"Serves me right?????..", I didn't think I was complaining?, but I'm awfully sorry I didn't check with you first what I should be watching.

• Riviera said:

Serves you right for watching such a shit show hosted by two complete dicks.

Funny old thing - I have always felt that Danny Kelly is a consummate broadcaster when allowed by the priducer to discuss the big issues surrounding football.
  • When he was on that vacuous show with Merson, he talked about us a fair bit
  • We spoke to him on Charlton Live earlier in the year, has fond memories of Charlton, will put it up as an Audio Boom in a few days. He was more than happy to talk to me, had good long chat with him.
  • although i loved him as a charlton player ...he comes across on tv/radio as extremely unentertaining
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Got a lot of time for Baker and Kelly. 'Two complete dicks' is drivel.

But better as a radio show than TV
  • Kap10 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

With the sound down.....
  • Kap10 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Yeah agree with that. Baker especially, he kind of seems like he can't believe they've let him back on TV. His Saturday morning R5 show is really bloody good.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    PeteF said:

We spoke to him on Charlton Live earlier in the year, has fond memories of Charlton, will put it up as an Audio Boom in a few days. He was more than happy to talk to me, had good long chat with him.

I remember listening to it. It was a very good interview.
  • Danny Baker is a brilliant radio broadcaster regardless of who he supports or what he thinks about Charlton and his autobiography is a brilliant read too . ( being made in into a TV comedy at the moment ) Danny Kelly is very good too and quite often gets Johnnie Jackson on his his show to talk. I agree the TV show on BT Sports doesn't work half as well.
  • It's Robert!!!!!!!! :neutral:
  • Danny Baker is a brilliant radio broadcaster regardless of who he supports or what he thinks about Charlton and his autobiography is a brilliant read too . ( being made in into a TV comedy at the moment ) Danny Kelly is very good too and quite often gets Johnnie Jackson on his his show to talk. I agree the TV show on BT Sports doesn't work half as well.

agree despite his spannerish tendencies hes a damned good broadcaster and thats a damned good book ..i would watch that show too

• He only started playing football when it was invented by Sky in 1992...........anything before then doesn't matter
  • It's Robert!!!!!!!! :neutral:

He prefers Rob.....
  • The show just doesn't work on TV, which is a shame. I watched an episode which Ray Houghton was on, and he had this weird smile and just looked as if he was thinking "Why am I here?"

I like both Baker & Kelly, and remember fondly when we were in the Championship during 07-08 and maybe 08-09 when Kelly used to host the Tuesday night 606 and just avoided all the PL whiners and asked for funny stories about playing or watching football. Always a great listen and reminded me of the great times playing football as a kid.
  • I cannot stand Baker or Kelly on any medium. It has nothing to do with who they support, it has nothing to do with what either of them has said about Charlton. I just find them both tiresome bores who love the sound of there own voice and opinion and both are very amateur broadcasters and typical of the demise of radio and TV standards over the last 35 years or so.
  • Blimey you have every right not to like them, but to call Danny Baker an 'amateur broadcaster' verges on the ridiculous. Very innovative and original content, and his current Saturday morning show is a cracker. Each to their own and all that, but I don't think that you can doubt that he is good at his job, even if you don't particularly like it!
  • edited March 2015
    Riviera said:

I cannot stand Baker or Kelly on any medium. It has nothing to do with who they support, it has nothing to do with what either of them has said about Charlton. I just find them both tiresome bores who love the sound of there own voice and opinion and both are very amateur broadcasters and typical of the demise of radio and TV standards over the last 35 years or so.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I fully accept that you find them boring etc, but you appear to think that only YOUR opinion is relevant, DB has however won numerous Sony Radio awards and his programmes have been very popular so therefore YOUR opinion may well be in the minority. In MY opinion the DB five live breakfast show was the most enjoyable show I have ever listened to. But hey if we all had the same tastes we would all be driving white Fiestas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

I cannot stand Baker or Kelly on any medium. It has nothing to do with who they support, it has nothing to do with what either of them has said about Charlton. I just find them both tiresome bores who love the sound of there own voice and opinion and both are very amateur broadcasters and typical of the demise of radio and TV standards over the last 35 years or so.

Can we take it that you have a more traditional view to broadcasting more akin to the Chumley Warner era?
  • Halix said:

Riviera said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I fully accept that you find them boring etc, but you appear to think that only YOUR opinion is relevant, DB has however won numerous Sony Radio awards and his programmes have been very popular so therefore YOUR opinion may well be in the minority. In MY opinion the DB five live breakfast show was the most enjoyable show I have ever listened to. But hey if we all had the same tastes we would all be driving white Fiestas.
    For what it's worth Halix - I entirely share your opinion!
  • The thing is with these shows is that they never ask the cutting edge questions.
    For example, when he was a turnstile operator, did he ever let anyone in 2 for 1.