Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK - Cardiff 1-2 Charlton

thanks to the 13 Lifers who gave marks, here are the averages:

Watt----------- 7.76 MoM
Gomez----------- 7.26
Johnson---------- 7.18
Solly------------- 7.06
Fox-------------- 7.06
Cousins---------- 6.94
Henderson------- 6.91
Eagles----------- 6.85
Buyens---------- 6.79
Dmitrovic-------- 6.50
Gudmundsson---- 6.47
Bulot------------ 6.06
Lepoint---------- 4.56
Team-- 6.72

extra stats here: https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/c7/cce4ff104fae43e9fb022db4cfdbf3.pdf

Comments

• 4 of our own in the top 6 can't be bad.
  • Thanks once again LL for producing the stats. As an aside there was a pretty decent away attendance although I can't find a figure anywhere. Strangely only 13 Lifers submitted marks which makes one wonder just how representative CL is of the Charlton fan base.
  • @E-cafc has posted on another thread the away attendance as 950
  • yes EinM I was surprised by there only being 13, I was expecting somewhere in the mid 20s, the only time we usually get such a low number of marks is for a midweek northern game, my guess is that a number had a weekend in Cardiff and went straight back to work with a hangover today!
    As for being representative I have no idea.
  • Can't see Henderson losing the PoTY now unless we have some bad defeats and Ben Haim remains out the side.
  • cafc4life said:

Can't see Henderson losing the PoTY now unless we have some bad defeats and Ben Haim remains out the side.

should be cousins imo
    Fair shout

• edited March 2015
    Cousins won it last season.

Remember the Statbank PoTY is very different to your normal one where the only decider is how you feel at the time of the vote. The Statbank one takes into consideration every game. Of course, the team's performance has a huge impact on marking as (imo) people mark a lot more harshly when we lose in comparison to a lot higher when we win. Henderson has benefited from missing a lot of the poor run (though you could say that's a sign of his importance that he has had an influence), so has retained a high average as a result.

Note, there is a 25 game qualifying level for the Statbank PoTY which Poyet just feel five games short of (but had by far and away the highest average), and i suspect the same thing may happen with Tony Watt if he continues as he is.
  • Cousins won it last season.

Remember the Statbank PoTY is very different to your normal one where the only decider is how you feel at the time of the vote. The Statbank one takes into consideration every game. Of course, the team's performance has a huge impact on marking as (imo) people mark a lot more harshly when we lose in comparison to a lot higher when we win. Henderson has benefited from missing a lot of the poor run (though you could say that's a sign of his importance that he has had an influence), so has retained a high average as a result.

Note, there is a 25 game qualifying level for the Statbank PoTY which Poyet just feel five games short of (but had by far and away the highest average), and i suspect the same thing may happen with Tony Watt if he continues as he is.

sorry thought you meant club poty.my bad
  • Surprised Cousins finished lower than Fox, but well done to both
  • Sponsored links:

• yes EinM I was surprised by there only being 13, I was expecting somewhere in the mid 20s, the only time we usually get such a low number of marks is for a midweek northern game, my guess is that a number had a weekend in Cardiff and went straight back to work with a hangover today!
    As for being representative I have no idea.

Yeah, I er never got round to it! Too busy drinking in Cardiff as you say...

In a funny way, such games in which (nearly) everyone was reasonable I imagine produce less response than a brilliant win or a disastrous defeat, in which we want to take out our frustrations on the players with low marks!