Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buyens on current form and taking penalties

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=26980&headline=Buyens not keeping track of Addicks form

By Richard Cawley
CHARLTON matchwinner Yoni Buyens is not keeping tabs on the club's form despite a fifth win in six matches.

Only Norwich have totalled the same amount of points - 15 - from the same period.

But Buyens, who scored the decisive penalty which sealed a 2-1 win at Cardiff on Saturday, said: "I hope winning will become a habit.

"But it's always a danger in the Championship - you can lose and win against almost any team.

"We're not looking and counting how many matches in a row we are winning or losing.

"Cardiff were the better team for 60 minutes but after that something changed in our our head and we started to play football. We created more opportunities and there was better movement."

Buyens has now scored five spot-kicks. It is noticeable in his run up that he keeps his eye on the keeper.

He said: "In my head I know where I'm going to shoot but if the keeper goes that way then I change."

Comments

• good penalty approach
  • I take it he does not possess a copy of "Penalty taking over the years" by the past England squads? as the blast it over the bar option does not seen his forte...
  • 5 great pens from Yoni: 100% record, and all to the goalie's right.

Remember Ben Hamer's superb pen save at Leeds last season but have we conceded a pen this season ? Tal's could have been given, but can't recall any ?
  • He is up there with Tommy Caton when it comes to taking pens. Makes it look so easy
  • edited March 2015

5 great pens from Yoni: 100% record, and all to the goalie's right.

I was going to mention that they all go in the same place, but was worried that Charlton Life may be the go to site for any opposition keepers.
  • 5 great pens from Yoni: 100% record, and all to the goalie's right.

I was going to mention that they all go in the same place, but was worried that Charlton Life may be the go to site for any opposition keepers.
    WTF have i done, i've let the cat out of the bag.
    Sorry Yoni.