Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pessimism

So it's not much of a secret that football fans are some of the most fickle/pessimistic there are, fom what I've seen, our fans can be pretty sad when it comes to keeping the faith. Over the last few months, we've had good reason to be pessimistic, and I'm sure all of us, me included have been a little pessimistic at some point. However as of late, we have enjoyed great form, even with our last two squads for Forest and Cardiff not being full strength, we've still been pulling out wins, what more can you ask for? Well today on Twitter when Hendo came off at half-time, some bloke tweeted "with Henderson out we'll lose every game for the rest of the season" Now it takes a lot for me to get really upset with someone, whether It be in person or on social media, however it took just about everything I had not too blow up on this poor sap. Are we better with Hendo? Yes, no ifs ands or buts. Are we hopeless without him? Absolutely not, it sounded like Marko had a fine performance today despite a couple shaky moments. My point to all of this is we have just won 5 of 6 after after months without a win, our goalkeeper takes a knock (just a twisted ankle) and the world comes to an end? Now I know we aren't the only club with fickle fans, but given our current form, I don't find much to be fickle about. That tweet just was embarrassing for me to read, and frankly just shocking. The only reason to be that pessismistic is if we supported Millwall. Sorry for ranting and complaining, just felt like I needed to share that. If I ever become as pessimistic as this guy, il probably cry. Rant over

Comments

• Welcome to twitter.
  • You make good points ; we were crap without Henderson before though! I suggest taking tweets with a pinch of salt might be a good idea, however
  • CAFCTrev said:

Welcome to twitter.

This is Charlton Life.
  • I just don't get fickle football fans unless they happen to support Man U, Liverpool etc. Part of the beauty of supporting a club like Charlton is going through the crap and the unexpected joy of a great upturn in form like the one we are currently enjoying. Can't help but think that some people may have acted prematurely (although it is still early days).
  • I totally get fickle football fans. I just avoid twitter, and posts like this show my wisdom.
  • What's Twitter ! Never seen it and sure my world is ok without it !
  • What's Twitter ! Never seen it and sure my world is ok without it !

Your world is much better off without it that's for sure.
  • C_A_F_C said:

CAFCTrev said:

Welcome to twitter.

This is Charlton Life.
    See the OP "Well today on Twitter..."
  • Don't bother much with Twitter. It is a good to think before posting and communicating and Twitter does not encourage that.
  • Perhaps the guy on twitter was engaging in irony? Black humour? If he saw the OP on CL, would he reply "Woosh"?
  • Sponsored links:

• I just don't get fickzle football fans unless they happen to support Man U, Liverpool etc. Part of the beauty of supporting a club like Charlton is going through the crap and the unexpected joy of a great upturn in form like the one we are currently enjoying. Can't help but think that some people may have acted prematurely (although it is still early days).

You have to agree though that the crap was crappier than we ever imagined and the resurgence is more resurgent than we could ever have imagined.
  • Perhaps the guy on twitter was engaging in irony? Black humour? If he saw the OP on CL, would he reply "Woosh"?

Gave that a thought too, but when I called him out, he admitted he had spoke too soon and brushed it off like he was innocent