Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The team that got us promoted from Div 1 - where are they now?

With only Jacko, Solly and Wiggins left I'd be keen to know where the heroes of our table topping side are now.

I'll get things started...

Yann - Bournemouth
Morrison - Birmingham

Comments

• So that means currently only two players have moved to better clubs, with the rest lower down the league ladder. (Though BWP could be either).
  • I suppose you could argue a couple could be at a higher level but overall you'd have to say we have moved on quite well. Strange the way some clubs have gone up higher on a L1 squad.
  • Purely from an ability perspective, Danny Haynes should be playing much higher than Cheltenham.
  • cafctom said:

Purely from an ability perspective, Danny Haynes should be playing much higher than Cheltenham.

You could say the same about Tony Watt...
  • So that means currently only two players have moved to better clubs, with the rest lower down the league ladder. (Though BWP could be either).

It depends on how you look at it. They were all League One players at the time, so you could say:

Jackson: +1 division
    Solly: +1
    Wiggins: +1
    Yann: -1
    Morrison +1
    Hamer: +2
    Taylor: -1
    Green: Par
    Waggy: Par
    Stephens +1
    Hollands: -1
    Pritchard: Par
    BWP: ??
    Haynes: -1
    Leon Cort: ??
    Andy Hughes: +1
    Cederic Evina: Par
    Paul Hayes: -1

Given that a couple that are less likely to play at that level due to their age, it looks like a decent League One side stiill.

Hamer and ?
  • It's bloody League One - Division One is the Premier League, grrrr...

Sorry - pet peeve of mine !

None of them are at better clubs. A couple are at (temporarily) richer clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

So that means currently only two players have moved to better clubs, with the rest lower down the league ladder. (Though BWP could be either).

Hamer and ?
    Yann.
  • Dervite. Bolton
    Lloyd Sam. NYRB
    Bover. NYRB
    Sullivan ?
    Jenks. Arsenal
  • Jenkinson had already left for Arsenal though.... John Sullivan has retired from Football (Depression wasnt it?)
  • Daryl Russell was at Toronto FC but not retained.

Danny Nguessen in Greece with AEL.
  • Ephraim Hogan at Wycombe.
  • Cort has retired
  • There is a piece in todays Times about Bradley Wright-Phillips. Top scorer in MLS last season with 27. He rates MLS as about mid table championsip standard.
  • Pretty sure Cort came on here and posted just after he retired
  • There is a piece in todays Times about Bradley Wright-Phillips. Top scorer in MLS last season with 27. He rates MLS as about mid table championsip standard.

I liked BWP, but he barely scored from December 2011 until his departure. Suggest he is being unrealistic with that assertion
  • se9addick said:

It's bloody League One - Division One is the Premier League, grrrr...

It will always be division 3 to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

It's bloody League One - Division One is the Premier League, grrrr...

It will always be division 3 to me.
    I know what you mean. It must be time for the Premier League to decide they are called "The Elite League". Then, the Championship can become the Premier League, League 1 can become the Championship and Division 4, I mean League 2, becomes League 1.