Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great Albums of .......1967

2»

Comments

• Options
    London conversation - John Martyn
    Pandemonium shadow show - Harry Nilson
    Blowin your mind - Van Morrison
    High priestess of soul - Nina Simone
  • Options
    This:
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Hendrix: Axis
    Hendrix: Are you experienced ( no surprises there eh ! Absurdian)
    Sgt Peppers: Which Hendrix played the title track at the Saville theatre on the Sunday it came out with Macca in the audience......
    Bob Dylan: John Wesley Harding, Jimi covered 3 of those tunes.... on that album.
    Cream: Disraeli Gears
    Beatles :Magical Mystery tour, still some great songs on that album, Strawberry Fields, Hello Goodbye, etc.

Gotta challenge Magical Mystery Tour on a technicality, Ken ;-)
    It was released in the UK as an EP .
    The album, including the singles you mention was another Stateside hotch potch
    Correct.
    The Beatles did that with a couple of releases, (or Parlophone did that!. I bought the EP 'All my Loving'.)
    Perhaps that was why they decided to form Apple maybe?.. It was released in New Zealand in 1970.
    Anyway it was a TV film, ( first shown on BBC) which if I remember got heavily criticised at the time. And yes you are right it was a double LP, six track..... and you are correct it was not until 1976, did it come out as an LP. But it was still produced in 1967.
    Anyway, Good spot .......

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    fenny said:

The only thing I remember about 1967 was getting married to a bat out of hell...thanks for reminding me Henry ..not

Bat out of Hell was late 70's - not 1967. Get a grip.
  • Options
    Sgt Peppers the most famous album of all time and yet no-ones fave Beatles album

To add to the already excellent list:
    5000 Spirits - Incredible String Band
    Goodbye and Hello - Tim Buckley
    Strange Days - The Doors
    Gorilla - Bonzo Dog Band
    Mr Fantasy - Traffic
    West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band
    And the first Laura Nyro album
  • Options
    Club Ska '67