Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Potential hosting issues+++

I notice that there have already been a couple of down periods this morning and that our hosts seem to be having capacity issues with their servers.

Can't rule out any further incidents today. Pre-empting as I'm in meetings all morning, and with the time lag to Lookout, if that does occur we'll try to get resolved as soon as possible, but it may take a little while.

As said before, if you are on Twitter and don't follow @CharltonLife, please do so as we will always provide updates via there during any downtime.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    looks like i was right to pre-empt this earlier :-(
  • Options
    Is Roland trying to take us offline?
  • Options
    Apart from the over capacity problem, I noticed that one thread is missing: the Huddersfield post-match thread. Then I found the link on the last page of the match thread but got this message:

Permission Problem
    You don't have permission to do that.
  • Options
    You should get a Belgian network provider @LoOkOuT ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Let the conspiracy theories begin.... :-0
  • Options
    Paulie needs to stop posting new threads, clearly the server can't handle the 1 per hour we're currently getting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From our hosts:

"Some clients experienced "Overcapacity" messages overnight as our hosting provider transferred cloud resources due to an imminent hardware failure. This is now resolved and we apologize for the service interruption. We are in the planning stages of transferring all remaining legacy infrastructure clients to our newer systems which are protected from this scenario."
  • Options
    How many lost Paulie threads have we missed because of this?
  • Options

From our hosts:

"Some clients experienced "Overcapacity" messages overnight as our hosting provider transferred cloud resources due to an imminent hardware failure. This is now resolved and we apologize for the service interruption. We are in the planning stages of transferring all remaining legacy infrastructure clients to our newer systems which are protected from this scenario."

If only Charlton communicated in a such clear, jargon free manner.
    In fairness, it is aimed at cluster-loving geeks like @Lookout, and not pavement-spitting beltchers like me and you.

Just keeping everyone informed though :-)

• Options
    "Octogenarian" yesterday and "pavement spitting beltchers" today.

This place is really getting abusive.
  • Options
    Roland out!
  • Options
    Not necessarily related but i often cant log on via my iphone. I get the message 'Varnish cache server'

Any advice?
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Not necessarily related but i often cant log on via my iphone. I get the message 'Varnish cache server'

Any advice?

Try some Ronseal?