Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travel into London this morning.

2»

Comments

• Options
    got in 10 mins ago, left at 8.20.

bus to lewisham, took an hour because of road works, (could have walked it in 25 mins - but wearing heels so decided to stick to bus and not get sweaty!) dlr to bank full of german students who thought ti was a rollercoaster and decided to scream every 10 seconds, then tube from bank to tottenham court road, then 10 min walk.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I heard the news and took the decision to work from home. My sis is coming into the city from Gravesend and said it is bedlam there and she had to change at Dartford which was supposedly even worse.

WooHoo, just got in over an hour late and I'm already skiving off!!! News is that the exclusion zone is in place for 24 hours so it'll be back on the DLR to Lewisham for me or tube to Victoria and train from there - either way I'm leaving early :-)
  • Options
    What a f***ing nightmare. Got to Sittingbourne station at 8, just got to office in Bishopsgate now! Cannon St train cancelled, wait 30 mins for next Victoria train. Packed likes sardines. Finally get to Victoria to find the tube shut due to overcrowding, couldn't even get downstairs into the ticket area.... So, walked to Westminster and got a train there.... 90 mins late to work!

Thankfully I was going to Victoria tonight anyway, so no major hassle.
  • Options
    NO Sympathy for all you people who travel in to London, you are ALL very well paid for doing so...stop whining ! :-)
  • Options
    I'm working from home. It's the future.
  • Options
    Got to Sidcup at 7.50 - was a train on the platform (both rammed so waited for the next - same). Headed home for cuppa then back there for 9.30; ended up going via Dartford and got in at 11.15. Guy at Victoria couldnt say what times the trains back would be "Dont ask me that luv, I dunno". Should be able to get away about 3pm so hopefully avoid the return chaos!
  • Options
    It's all still closed as far as I'm aware... plus there'll be the excuse of "trains in the wrong places" from SETrains.... I'm expecting much of the same again tonight...
  • Options
    National Rail

according to the last paragraph on this link:

12:38 Following a reduction in the fire, it is hoped that most lines will reopen for Southeastern services this afternoon, to enable some evening peak services to operate from London Bridge, London Cannon Street, London Charing Cross and London Waterloo East. Further information will be provided here as soon as it becomes available
  • Options
    no trains through London Bridge to night so it's either across to Victoria or the DLR to Lewisham to pick up a train from Victoria. Failing that Mrs Large may have to pick me up !!
  • Options
    Got to the Cup Massive at 7.45. Waited for 45 mins. Took Victoria train which also took 45 mins. Victoria Tube Station shut due to overcrowding on the platform. Walked to St James' and then low an behold got on a tune (that had come through Victoria) that had no one on it? Hows that?

Got in around 11am.

Am leaving to go for a meeting re the wedding so might as well leave now.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]low an behold got on a tune (that had come through Victoria) that had no one on it? Hows that?

Strangely enough, the same thing happened at Westminster, on a circle line train that had come from Victoria...

Pi** up in a brewery anyone?
  • Options
    did anyone suffer any injuries in the explosions/fire this morning?
  • Options
    Nothing reported in the news Sooze....
  • Options
    jolly good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]did anyone suffer any injuries in the explosions/fire this morning?

A couple of Millwall fans were caught up in it and have been rushed to intensive care with head injuries.

Despite extensive tests, the hospital are yet to ascertain whether they actually suffered any brain damage ;-)
  • Options
    Reports suggest that the explosions in Deptford would result in several hundred thousand pounds worth of improvements to the area.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Reports suggest that the explosions in Deptford would result in several hundred thousand pounds worth of improvements to the area.

The old ones are the best eh BFR
  • Options
    my friend lives near there. off the main high street, its a lovely place.
  • Options
    Got to Welling at 7.45, train arrived finally at 8.55. Got in at 9.40 so not too bad. Still a pain in the derriere though.
  • Options
    Went past it this morning, and the thing is STILL burning! Thought they'd killed it off...