Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon rules out new loan signings

Can't really say this is any major surprise considering the upturn in fortunes on the pitch.

http://bit.ly/1BUacjo

Comments

• edited March 2015
    The only thing I'd bring in now is a number 9, but if Lepoint is going to be utilised there (and I think he should be given a chance) then there's no need for additions.

We've not got loads of games left, out of all cups and are looking all but safe after the last 5. We should take a closer look at what we have now, particularly youth and those on short term contracts, and plan for the summer.
  • Addicted said:

The only thing I'd bring in now is a number 9, but if Lepoint is going to be utilised there (and I think he should be given a chance) then there's no need for additions.

We've not got loads of games left, out of all cups and are looking all but safe after the last 5. We should take a closer look at what we have now, particularly youth and those on short term contracts, and plan for the summer.

Assuming all the injuries are short term then I agree.

Let's start signing people up for next season now (where possible).
  • Addicted said:

Agree about LePointe, he looked good on tuesday, I think there will be a few people with egg on their faces if he gets a run in the team.
  • I still doubt that we have good enough cover up front if either Tony or Igor pick up an injury. Lepoint isn't really a striker, Churchy is still Churchy and KAG doesn't seem ready for the step up yet. Maybe we would get by, but only just. Otherwise, agree that securing talent and getting targets lined up for the summer should be the priority.
  • The most important thing for this summer is keep hold of the current squad, loans included.
  • Davo55 said:

I still doubt that we have good enough cover up front if either Tony or Igor pick up an injury. Lepoint isn't really a striker, Churchy is still Churchy and KAG doesn't seem ready for the step up yet. Maybe we would get by, but only just. Otherwise, agree that securing talent and getting targets lined up for the summer should be the priority.

I think Church would fit into our current system reasonably well, but agree it is not ideal. The way both Watt and Vetokele get lumps kicked out of them makes it unlikely they will be playing very game. The club did well to finally get some decent cover in midfield and defence last month, but the goalkeeper and striker cover is underweight.
  • Southbank said:

Davo55 said:

I still doubt that we have good enough cover up front if either Tony or Igor pick up an injury. Lepoint isn't really a striker, Churchy is still Churchy and KAG doesn't seem ready for the step up yet. Maybe we would get by, but only just. Otherwise, agree that securing talent and getting targets lined up for the summer should be the priority.

I think Church would fit into our current system reasonably well, but agree it is not ideal. The way both Watt and Vetokele get lumps kicked out of them makes it unlikely they will be playing very game. The club did well to finally get some decent cover in midfield and defence last month, but the goalkeeper and striker cover is underweight.
    I actually thought Church may have been worth a go when Igor came off on Tuesday. I can see why Luzon decided to go with Lepoint though.
  • It would be a very different environment for either Church or KAG to come into now - the team is playing with confidence and has a more attacking mind-set and some creativity in midfield. For where we're at now, Church as cover for Watt and KAG as cover for Igor should be fine. Save the loan fee for another striker and put it towards next season's player budget.

• I actually thought Church may have been worth a go when Igor came off on Tuesday. I can see why Luzon decided to go with Lepoint though.

Agreed. LePoint will be here next season, Church won't.
  • Sponsored links:

• We could always play JBG up front, just behind Watt/Igor, with Eagles and Bulot the wide men.

No point wasting money on loans now, we're smack in mid table with no likelihood of leaving the division either way
  • Katrien has said that they overspent the budget in the transfer/ loan window. But she has said a lot of things.
  • Greenie said:

Addicted said:

Agree about LePointe, he looked good on tuesday, I think there will be a few people with egg on their faces if he gets a run in the team.
    yeah he had at least two touches. Let's wait until he has a few games before making judgements of any kind
  • Agree on concentrating on keeping the players we have.

I think/hope players like Bulot will be pushing for a transfer here.

• I actually thought Church may have been worth a go when Igor came off on Tuesday. I can see why Luzon decided to go with Lepoint though.

Agreed. LePoint will be here next season, Church won't.

And, at the time Forest were pumping long-balls into the box. Lepoint is better equipped to deal with that if needed as he passes the Charlton Life height test.
  • colin1961 said:

Still think we need back up striker .... Eagles is s diff sort of player but if Watt got injured we don't have that sort of player in the wings

You've lost me.

Eagles is a midfielder. And if we want a player on the wings then we want a winger..

If any of our new spine got injured we're in trouble (disregarding CB as we have options), Hendo, Cousins, Watt & Vetokele. I'd say we're 5 decent players short of a real top 6 contending SQUAD. That includes back-ups.
  • The bit that concerned in that article was the bit about letting players go , i need players want to play , but if we get any more injuries, we might regret letting them go.

Please don't let them go on the cheap Katrien.
  • The bit that concerned in that article was the bit about letting players go , i need players want to play , but if we get any more injuries, we might regret letting them go.

Please don't let them go on the cheap Katrien.

Just to clarify he was talking about fringe players possibly going out on loan.