Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The week that was - 26th April 1947. Burnley 0 Charlton 1

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
26th April 1947. F.A. Cup Final. Burnley 0 (0) Charlton Athletic 1 (0) (Duffy 114) AET. Wembley Stadium Att: 98,215

Burnley: Strong, Woodruff, Mather, Attwell, Brown, Bray, Chew, Morris, harrison, Potts, Kippax.

Charlton: Bartram, P. Croker, Shreeve, Johnson, Phipps, Whittaker, Hurst, Dawson, W. Robinson, Welsh, Duffy.

Referee: J Wiltshire (Dorset).

F.A. Cup debut: In 1946 it was Peter Croker who missed the final due to injury and this year Revell was the unlucky player, injured at Portsmouth three weeks before the final. Whittaker was chosen to replace him and play in his first ever F.A. Cup match. Indeed, he only had five league games under his belt prior to the final.

Comments

• Options
    Crikey, didn't realise it was 60 years to the day. Not sure if it's something worth celebrating or feel slightly embarrassed about....
  • Options
    I wonder what Peter Croker and Bert Johnson make of the likws of Marcus Bent.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday
  • Options
    Ok - who was there ?
  • Options
    i was there in my previous life as a manager for charlton .... and i said to the fans they'd never have it so good again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahjimmyseed[/cite]i was there in my previous life as a manager for charlton ....

So you were Jimmy Southstand in a previous incarnation ....?

I ought to call you "Sir".
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahjimmyseed[/cite]and i said to the fans they'd never have it so good again

Sadly you were right there, Jimmy. Even Curbs never managed an FA Cup Final.

;o)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    and Happy 65th Birthday to our F A Cup win!
  • Options
    Soundasa£ come back from travelling the world especially for that game..

Apparently!
  • Options

Told you we'd win.
  • Options
    real glory
  • Sponsored links: