Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• they've got arsenal fans wrong, that's for bloody sure
  • Looks about right to me.
  • Number 1 in South London!
  • 92% if Londoners have never "encountered" a Charlton fan ?

• Not even briefly?

• If Fulham took away the plastics they would have a support like Orient.
  • Sponsored links:

• Arsenal fans are blind to any club outside of theirs, especially clubs outside the Prem. Many have never heard of, say, Mansfield.

Also, they are bad losers and think that all decisions by the ref goes against them.

And they can be really smug.

"Many Arsenal fans have never heard of Mansfield" - in the litany of dreadful things fans of other London teams say/do I'm not sure that ones near the top of the list !
  • Where's Manchester United? Londoners have probably encountered them more than anyone else
  • Didn't really need a survey to tell me this!
  • C_A_F_C said:

Only 8% have encountered Charlton fans, maybe we should start singing "No One Knows Us".

"And they don't care"?
  • Obvious Bollox
    Only 15% had a negative impression of Stripey Nigels.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Only 8% have encountered Charlton fans, maybe we should start singing "No One Knows Us".

Were a very select crowd and only move in exalted circles obviously.
  • Arsenal ? really?
    I Spend a lot of time around Highbury & Islington on the weekends and whenever they are at home I can assure you that their fans are a right vile bunch!
  • Arsenal fans are blind to any club outside of theirs, especially clubs outside the Prem. Many have never heard of, say, Mansfield.

Also, they are bad losers and think that all decisions by the ref goes against them.

Not sure those accusations can be labelled solely at Arsenal fans.

In fact in terms of smugness I've generally found Spurs fans to be worse, and they don't even have a right to be.

There's an Arsenal fan at work who lives in a smug Arsenal vacuum. Knows nothing else about football outside of Arsenal. Always claims they should have had 20 non-existent penalties and the entire opposition sent off when they lose.

• hawksmoor said:

Arsenal fans are blind to any club outside of theirs, especially clubs outside the Prem. Many have never heard of, say, Mansfield.

There's an Arsenal fan at work who lives in a smug Arsenal vacuum. Knows nothing else about football outside of Arsenal. Always claims they should have had 20 non-existent penalties and the entire opposition sent off when they lose.

He didn't used to support us and sit in the central block of the East stand did he?
    If so, he is the reason I am now in the west.
  • Sponsored links:

• So how many Londoners were polled then ? Can't be really representative of all Londoners. "12% of Londoners have encountered Millwall fans". Only 12%, really ?
  • Whoever did that table is clearly a poor statistician. Orient should be below Charlton because even though the net is +10, we're 2 points higher in percentage of Londoners who have encountered fans, meaning if 6 is used as a base, our net approval is actually greater.
  • Fiiish said:

Whoever did that table is clearly a poor statistician. Orient should be below Charlton because even though the net is +10, we're 2 points higher in percentage of Londoners who have encountered fans, meaning if 6 is used as a base, our net approval is actually greater.

The name in the bottom left corner of the table tells us everything we need to know.
  • colthe3rd said:

Fiiish said:

Whoever did that table is clearly a poor statistician. Orient should be below Charlton because even though the net is +10, we're 2 points higher in percentage of Londoners who have encountered fans, meaning if 6 is used as a base, our net approval is actually greater.

The name in the bottom left corner of the table tells us everything we need to know.
    Hah!

I like how they're running fluff like this to cover the fact they're completely incapable of giving any kind of accurate prediction of how this year's general election is going to turn out.
  • What is the demographic here? If I asked the 60 year old female cleaner in our office what her opinion of Leyton Orient fans was then I don't think I'd be convinced by an answer she gave.
  • And in other news, the world isn't flat
  • Great Picture in the Newsshopper!

• I wonder where she pulled that flag from?
  • C_A_F_C said:

That's a Dulwich Hamlet song.
  • People on here need to learn when nws things should be posted.