Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

London in ours. 2015-2016 season

edited March 2015 in General Charlton
The situation which could arise.

QPR stay up.

Watford and Brentford go up.

Millwall and Fulham get relegated.

We would be the only London based team in the championship.

Can any historian confirm whether it would be first time in Charlton's history that we would not have had a London derby is are league?

Comments

• No sorry but at least the local derby away ticket allocation, 'fairness', debates on here will subside :wink: .
  • Fulham are NOT going down
    Brentford are NOT going up
    Watford probably wont go up
    Hopefully QPR dont survive

but Millwall will go down
  • Might not be that Easy topping Chelski, The Arse, Spurs, Wet Spam and ? next season.

• Can any historian confirm whether it would be first time in Charlton's history that we would not have had a London derby is are league?

Watford is not in London, so the last time we did not play a London derby in a league season was 1973/1974.

• Any other seasons without a London derby?

Assuming that whenever we have been in the top two divisions, so most of our history, we have had a London derby.
  • If we don't count Watford then in 1973/4 there were no other London clubs in the third division with us.

Quite a few years in the early 60s when we had only Orient for company in division two.
  • Sponsored links:

Assuming that whenever we have been in the top two divisions, so most of our history, we have had a London derby.

We've always had derbies in the top flight and one season we were one of 8 London Clubs in the top flight (1989/90)
  • But palace will get relegated, so it won't work

We've always had derbies in the top flight and one season we were one of 8 London Clubs in the top flight (1989/90)
    Thought there was 7 London teams that year from memory. Us, Millwall, Wimbledon, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and QPR.

That's how I see it as well.

No other league seasons.

Thought there was 7 London teams that year from memory. Us, Millwall, Wimbledon, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and QPR.

And the team from SE19

Palace makes it 8

• If Watford don't count, should that lot?

• If Watford don't count, should that lot?

London postcode?

• Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

JaShea99 said:

The spelling and grammar of this makes me want to throw up.

Why bother with a rude post like that?

Because it barely makes sense. Me pointing that out is not rude. Why should I waste my time trying to decode a post that looks like it's been written by a 7 year old just because you couldn't be bothered to write properly? Why is there always this reaction when poor spelling/grammar is pointed out? Pedant, smartarse, rude etc. As I say I point it out because it's so irritating trying to translate a post like that into English.
  • JaShea99 said:

Curb_It said:

JaShea99 said:

Because it barely makes sense. Me pointing that out is not rude. Why should I waste my time trying to decode a post that looks like it's been written by a 7 year old just because you couldn't be bothered to write properly? Why is there always this reaction when poor spelling/grammar is pointed out? Pedant, smartarse, rude etc. As I say I point it out because it's so irritating trying to translate a post like that into English.
    There's an idea Big Rob an app that corrects and translates posts.
    @brogib
  • JaShea99 said:

Curb_It said:

JaShea99 said:

really, the title has one word wrong, other than that the post makes complete sense to me,

I would say your comment makes less sense, why would spelling and grammar make someone want to throw up
  • It makes sense now because it's been heavily edited.
  • JaShea99 said:

Curb_It said:

JaShea99 said:

really, the title has one word wrong, other than that the post makes complete sense to me,

I would say your comment makes less sense, why would spelling and grammar make someone want to throw up
    RE
  • shirty5 said:

Any other seasons without a London derby?

Palace makes it 8
    Palace aren't London.