Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I hate time wasting in football

but only when it's done by the other team

Comments

• Surely someone out there managed to capture Tony Watt's incredible time wasting heroics in injury time last night. Anyone?
  • Special time wasting mention to the ball boy at about 0.17 as well
  • I liked the Forest player's time-wasting when he refused to give the ball to Henderson when his side were 2-1 down.

That was brilliant that moment... Henderson hadnt messed around with his goal kicks all match and for some reason Fryatt (?) thought that he about to so decided to save him some time... All it resulted in was Henderson seemingly asking the Forest player: "What the f**k you doing" only for more time to be actually wasted
  • I liked the Forest player's time-wasting when he refused to give the ball to Henderson when his side were 2-1 down.

That was brilliant that moment... Henderson hadnt messed around with his goal kicks all match and for some reason Fryatt (?) thought that he about to so decided to save him some time... All it resulted in was Henderson seemingly asking the Forest player: "What the f**k you doing" only for more time to be actually wasted
    Burke by name Burke by nature
  • Surely someone out there managed to capture Tony Watt's incredible time wasting heroics in injury time last night. Anyone?

Yes, the person who posted the video above : - )
    Apologies...a little too eager with my post.

That was quite an incredible couple of minutes in the corner. That combined with Henderson's perfect catch from the corner at the death made my night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anybody got the action from Brentford, when he had the ball in the NE corner, and made the defenders look stupid, before one eventually just took him out with an industrial scythe?

Also, anyone see Freedman going balistic outside our dug-out when Watt et al had the ball in the corner last night?
  • Terrific skills from Watt, Eagles and Bulot .. BUT .. I can understand the Forest Folk getting a little peeved over their antics, the poor dears ((:>)
  • Should Antonio not have been sent off. I'm sure the foul before his booking both Watt and their full back say it was Antonio who kicked him over but the full back got the booking.
  • Terrific skills from Watt, Eagles and Bulot .. BUT .. I can understand the Forest Folk getting a little peeved over their antics, the poor dears ((:>)

Standard footy tactic...
  • I would not call that time wasting, the ball is in play.
  • edited March 2015
    One of the best/funniest moments this season and probably much longer than that. Tony Watt is some find, a terrific striker, hard working, skilled and entertaining.
    I hope he doesn't get tired injured. Love the lad.
  • I bet he was the kid in the playground nobody could get the ball off of.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015
    My son and I enjoyed every splendid second of it.
    It really is quite a skill to do this and much better to watch than time wasting over throw ins, goal or free kicks.
  • I think there is a big difference between taking ages for a goalkick/throw in/free kick and keeping the ball in the corner, the ball is in play and the defenders have every chance to get the ball, if they're too s*** to manage it, that really is their problem.
  • It is all about context, but it was highly enjoyable last night because Forest deserved it. To be honest, if they set out to play the game fairly and properly I don’t think we would have done it so blatantly. Not giving the ball back after Vetokele’s injury would have annoyed the players as well as being kicked every minute of the game. I don’t often feel the urge to go onto the pitch and sort them out, but it was a strong feeling last night. Watching the time wasting certainly calmed my anger. Well done Tony.
  • I think there is a big difference between taking ages for a goalkick/throw in/free kick and keeping the ball in the corner, the ball is in play and the defenders have every chance to get the ball, if they're too s*** to manage it, that really is their problem.

That is my point - except you put it across better! Thanks
  • Derby fans had a dig at Henderson when he was time wasting in first half at 2-0, lol.
  • Loved it, but if I was Tone I'd be wearing ankle guards and double shin pads the next time we platy Forest, his card will have been marked.
  • Ole ole indeedy.
  • Real attitude problem, that Watt boy.
  • I was concerned that he was going to get injured, that was my only negative about that play.