Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

without trawling all the threads ....

can someone enlighten me as to :

a) the whereabouts of Ben Haim, Johnson and Gudmundsson?

b) were Wilson and Harriott injured at all or just absolutely crap?

thanks

Comments

• Ben Haim, Johnson and Gudmundsson were all carrying injuries. I can't comment on Wilson and Harriott as i wasn't there.
  • edited March 2015
    a) injured

b) Harriott injured, Wilson maybe
  • Wilson got barged into ad boards by Antonio and was holding his back throughout the half.
  • Wilson got annihilated by Antonio

Harriott fell asleep
  • can someone enlighten me as to :

a) the whereabouts of Ben Haim, Johnson and Gudmundsson?

b) were Wilson and Harriott injured at all or just absolutely crap?

thanks

a) All injured

b) Harriott injured himself by kicking the floor instead of the ball just before half time. Wilson must have been a tactical sub as he was being taken to the cleaners by Antonio.
  • Wilson did get clattered right at the end of the first half. Whether that injured him or not I have no idea, but it did look like it hurt.

Regardless, I would've subbed him at HT anyway.
  • I would not say they were 'absolutely crap', but were just outclassed by a skillfull and direct winger. Wilson grew into his role as the game went on, and even got a decent assist, but was probably not helped by Callum's lack of defensive capability.
  • Wilson had a stinker and was subbed. Harriot was appalling, he is a bloody show pony, with no football brain, both were at fault for their goal. Harriots only other contribution was that when he had his only run with the ball he fell over a la Norman Wisdom, then when he got up he was 'injured' so like Wilson was dubbed at HT. I haven't laughed so much for ages. League 1 is his level.
    Guy Luzon makes brave decisions, and was totally vindicated in taking Dumb and Dumber off.
  • Some harsh remarks on Wilson here.

I saw some glimmers of the Wilson of last season last night, certainly coming forward he looked more confident and claiming an assist for our second goal.

As for his defending, I'd say 90% of this leagues first choice right backs would struggle against Antonio. Fair play to Wilson for not giving in and doing all he could until he was replaced.

The fact that even Gomez needed Bulot as back up in second half to fully deal with Anotnio is testament to Wilson's efforts.
  • If you re-watch the Wilson cross, the cross itself is going to no-one until it rebounds off Forest until Bulot.

Credit for not giving up and making the run tho Wilson
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching Wilson against Antonio in that first half reminded me of the old Charlton v Forest games in the late eighties where Franz Carr would rip Mark Reid apart.

To be fair to Reidy, Carr was the only one though.
  • Right footer on left wing. He's going to cut inside 90% of the time but Wilson struggled to see it coming.

To be fair to him, he looked good going forward.

• The Wilson of last season? He wasn't good, the team was just terrible so he shone. Now he's playing with some quality players he's out of his depth, what does he offer? One assist (was a good cross) in how many games? He was so scared to tackle Antonio last night that we could smell his soiled pants from the North Upper.

I'm not one to sing the Wilson song as I feel it takes the piss, but he is still shite.
  • Some harsh remarks on Wilson here.

I saw some glimmers of the Wilson of last season last night, certainly coming forward he looked more confident and claiming an assist for our second goal.

As for his defending, I'd say 90% of this leagues first choice right backs would struggle against Antonio. Fair play to Wilson for not giving in and doing all he could until he was replaced.

The fact that even Gomez needed Bulot as back up in second half to fully deal with Anotnio is testament to Wilson's efforts.

Hmmm...it took Wilson 35 mins to realise that Antonio was right footed and always looking to cut in on his right peg, so just shepherd him down the line. Gomez did this in the second half, I think Antonio only managed to get inside twice, the rest of the time he was pushed wide and crossed weakly using his swinger.
    Why didi it take Wilson so long to work it out? Most good fullbacks would have seen this from the off.