Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thanks Roland?

What a couple of home games we have just witnessed.

I cannot remember being so entertained at the Valley. Guy Luzon is just brilliant to watch. He's so emotional and animated I find myself missing bits of the game as I am watching him squirming in frustration, falling to his knees, banging the ground with his fists, generally going mental. Bikey on the bench is like having a male Rusty Lee at the club. I have never seen such a player so happy to be sub. Katrien is pleasant on the eye and jumps up and down a lot when we score!!! We have real entertainers all over the pitch but also pace pride and passion. Tony Watt is a maverick and could easily turn out to be the best footballer we have ever had. His performance for that time wasting episode was pure theatre. A 17 year old centre half in Gomez switching to right back to replace a seasoned pro cos he can't cope, Eagles coming off the bench for a struggling Harriet, Bullot, Gudmonson, Cousins, Igor, Solly etc the list of quality is endless.

It was good to question the new owners but I think it is now time to say Cheers?

Comments

• edited March 2015
    I suggest you nip down the shops and stock up on a few more pairs of pants... (:
  • Should be okay, got the Beta Blockers on order for the next game!!
  • edited March 2015
    I don't disagree Murdoch. I'm just really hoping, he doesn't sell our best 5 players in the summer, like he did at the start of the season, to Standard Liege.
    They ended the season top of the league (although didn't win the play offs & thus title), and by the October of this season, were down to 12th !
    This was when he sacked Luzon.

The new manager took them on a 10 game unbeaten run, so moved them up to 5th and RD sacked him for his troubles.
  • I don't disagree Murdoch. I'm just really hoping, he doesn't sell our best 5 players in the summer, like he did at the start of the season, to Standard Liege.
    They ended the season top of the league (although didn't win the play offs & thus title), and by the October of this season, were down to 12th !
    This was when he sacked Luzon.

The new manager took them on a 10 game unbeaten run, so moved them up to 5th and RD sacked him for his troubles.

He has to pay for the training ground redevelopment somehow so expect to see one or two decent players leave.

My guess is that JBG will be one of them given his good season and the fact he will only have a year left on his contract in the summer.
  • It's the first time this season I've felt we have game-changing quality on the bench. I thought we'd had an atrocious January window but the signings of Eagles, Johnson and Diarra were just what we needed. I still think we should have signed up a target man but given our current form if we plug that gap in the summer we'll be fine, and the club should definitely get credit for their recent signings. Beats the hell out of Nego, Thuram, Piotr and Reza as a window's business
  • Standard Liege had hit the glass ceiling so you could understand him pouring his resources into us.

If he keeps our squad together and goes for it we would have a real chance next year. Lets hope he does.

Getting all the fans on board would really help.
  • Things obviously improving, enjoying the turnround like everyone else, but still very interested in the coming months.