Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Guy Luzon's red and white army!

It's time Charlton fans.

Comments

• If we change his first name to Gary it'll fit better.
  • he has the wrong surname, because we keep winning
  • Still not having it.

"We are Charltons Red & White army"

Sussex plastic
  • Personally I think we've always been too quick to sing this in the past, but hats off to Luzon he's well on his way to earning having his name sung.

He's certainly at least owed an apology from everyone who sang he didn't;t know what he was doing or that he was getting sacked after the Norwich game!
  • Fickle fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't sing it for Curbs much.
  • Yeah that was me trying to start it. Had a few singing it but died out pretty quickly. Next home game you will all be singing it.
  • I wouldn't be adverse to it. He did still keep two up top and didn't have us defending on our own goal line when we only had a one goal lead which is something I have not seen for a fair while from us.

Plus he does weird funny shit on the touchline.

Genuinely jumped with Lawrie Wilson to head a ball in the first half - incredible
  • Didn't sing it for Curbs much.

Yes we did, Alan C's red and white army!
  • Greenie said:

Yes it's time the bloke has done no wrong. In fact he is head and shoulders above our last 3 managers.

Riga was a genius. Saved us from what looked like certain relegation. We would now be fighting just to get back up to Champ. He performed a miracle.
  • i dont see why we cant just keep it as We are Charltons Red & White army
  • Sponsored links:

• People will sing as they see fit (or just follow along like sheep) but let's be honest, he's done fantastically well in a short time, and those who channeled their understandable frustration directly at him should take a long hard look at themselves. Apart from the astonishing turnaround in results, there can surely be few now who don't appreciate the attacking spectacle that has brought it all about. I hadn't even thought about giving Peeters the bullet but there really is a huge difference in approach and in the immediate outcome, regardless of where we go from here. For that at least,
    thanks Guy.
  • Paddy don't you think Peeters bore some of the responsibility for the lack of attacking spectacle in most of the period of his tenure? Apart from the recent reinforcements with championship experience from outside the network, it's the same squad.
  • Addickted said:

Bubble said:

I wouldn't be adverse to it. He did still keep two up top and didn't have us defending on our own goal line when we only had a one goal lead which is something I have not seen for a fair while from us.

Plus he does weird funny shit on the touchline.

Genuinely jumped with Lawrie Wilson to head a ball in the first half - incredible
    The man is a complete and absolute fruit loop. Hilarious watching him on the touch line.

At one stage I thought he was going to actually tackle a Forest player.

A complete change of tactics tonight compared with Saturday. The back four were playing as high up the field as I've ever seen, matching Forest's tactic and squeezing the game into the middle third of the pitch.
    As I posted after the Wigan game from a bloke on twitter:

Lee Clark Blackpool manager thinks Guy Luzon is mental. Spent more time watching Guy rather than the football and describes him as 'a reet pot noodle, this lad'.
  • edited March 2015

i dont see why we cant just keep it as We are Charltons Red & White army

Why not introduce two verses

i.e. Sometimes when we chant "CAFC" you hear "We hate Millwall" added in between... In this case why not...

Guy Luzon's Red and White Army
    We are Charlton's Red and White Army
    Guy Luzon's Red and White Army

and so forth
  • edited March 2015

Paddy don't you think Peeters bore some of the responsibility for the lack of attacking spectacle in most of the period of his tenure? Apart from the recent reinforcements with championship experience from outside the network, it's the same squad.

It is mostly the same squad but what the overriding feature is we have a different and improved spine to the team since the winless streak. The return of Henderson, the dominance and experience of Johnson at CB, Cousins CM and the revelation up front that is Tony Watt. As Cloughie used to advocate, get the spine right and fill in the gaps.
  • RedChaser said:

Paddy don't you think Peeters bore some of the responsibility for the lack of attacking spectacle in most of the period of his tenure? Apart from the recent reinforcements with championship experience from outside the network, it's the same squad.

It is mostly the same squad but what the overriding feature is we have a different and improved spine to the team since the winless streak. The return of Henderson, the dominance and experience of Johnson at CB, Cousins CM and the revelation up front that is Tony Watt. As Cloughie used to advocate, get the spine right and fill in the gaps.
    Thing is as well... Peeters had injuries and it proved to be his downfall... Never though did he have the case where so many First-Teamers were out at the same time like last night (i.e. Solly.. JBG.. Wiggins.. Jackson.. Ben-Haim.. Johnson), so for Luzon to just shrug that off and keep going is testament to the turn around he has made
  • Absolutely Bryan K.

I just hadn't realised quite how much his defensive approach was shackling everyone. We all want attacking free-flowing football but if a squad doesn't have enough players to carry it off then safety first sometimes makes sense (see CAFC in the Prem). What's become clear already under Luzon is that we do have ability and flair but that they weren't allowed to express themselves. He's been very brave and it's more than paid off.
  • ross1 said:

he has the wrong surname, because we keep winning

guy's winning red and white army!
  • edited March 2015

RedChaser said:

Thing is as well... Peeters had injuries and it proved to be his downfall... Never though did he have the case where so many First-Teamers were out at the same time like last night (i.e. Solly.. JBG.. Wiggins.. Jackson.. Ben-Haim.. Johnson), so for Luzon to just shrug that off and keep going is testament to the turn around he has made
    Yes credit where credit is due, I was concerned when last nights team was read out as I am sure most of us were but GL selected a side, even with a couple below par in the first half, that got us to the break with our noses in front. Injuries to those two players will have made his decision on the subs that much easier.

Not as free flowing and attacking as the last couple of home games but given we had several changes of personnel, it made the outcome all the more satisfying.