Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool Away

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
2,000 tickets, £32/£16, Voucher K, VALLEY GOLD !!

Comments

• Options
    Oh Dear cue we hate Valley Golders...! :-)
  • Options
    2,000 initially it says

I guess there's another 1,000 we can have and I'm sure we will ask for them if the 2,000 go quickly
  • Options
    Yes!!!!

VG Rules!!!
  • Options
    There are engineering works on the sunday so the train is out unless you go up the day before :-(
  • Options
    go up saturday lunchtime, come back monday lunchtime. it was 25 quid when we booked it? 2 singles.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]go up saturday lunchtime, come back monday lunchtime. it was 25 quid when we booked it? 2 singles.....
    Shame you don't have VG to get a match ticket though. ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    indeed.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2007
    Bite god damn it!!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Clever putting them on sale on Friday.

If we get stuffed Saturday its probably game over.

Wouldnt worry Suz, we'll get 3000 and it wont sell out quickly unless there is an Operation Anfield.
  • Options
    i would of thought it would sell better if we WERE relegated by then.

Could be last prem day out for the next 68 years and all that.

always enjoy going to Anfield. Proper football ground with a history. Why the hell they want to leave it i have no idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear, if I don't get a ticket my brother might kill me, he's booked flights over from Ireland to see the game with me.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    If he does kill you Stu, can I have your ST next year?
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Not sure if you'd pass the G Block test mate.

You gotta really know your tea/flask/blanket history.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]always enjoy going to Anfield. Proper football ground with a history. Why the hell they want to leave it i have no idea.

dead right man, all these new bowl arena's are awful, anfield is an amazing setting with all its history and background! Football is goin to the dogs
  • Options
    The tea plant, Camellia sinensis, originated in Southeast and Eastern Asia. The variant, C. sinensis assamica, was discovered growing in the wild by British explorers in the Assam, southwestern China, and Burma region. Tea cultivation flourished in India under the British and today India is the largest exporter of tea in the world. Darjeeling tea is grown in the foothills of the Himalayas, and is a prized Indian black tea. The use of milk and sugar in tea is also linked to India. This convention may have originated during the British Raj. It is also possible that the Indians, who had enjoyed cow's milk as a favorite beverage, developed it on their own and passed it on to the British. The East India Company also had interests along the routes to India from Great Britain. The company cultivated the production of tea in India and would be proud to see the vigour with which it is consumed in G block.

The vacuum flask was invented by physicist and chemist James Dewar in 1892. The first vacuum flasks for commercial use were made in 1904 when a German company, Thermos GmbH, was formed. "Thermos", their tradename for their flasks, remains a registered trademark in some countries but was declared a genericized trademark in G-block in 1963 as it is colloquially synonymous with vacuum flasks in general; in fact it is far more common to speak of a domestic thermos than a vacuum flask, though some in G-block sometimes refer to their Dewar flask, in honour of the great man.

The name blanket derives from Edmund Blanket, a 14th century clothier and wool merchant and Member of Parliament from Bristol, who is buried in St Stephen's Church, Bristol. Blankets were traditionally made of wool, while sheets were made of cotton or linen, which are less irritating to the skin. These days, synthetic fibers are frequently used for both. Throw blankets are smaller blankets, often in decorative colors and patterns, that can be used for extra warmth on a cold G-block seat.
  • Options
    Sco, sign this guy up right now!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]There are engineering works on the sunday so the train is out unless you go up the day before :-([/quote]

dont they have an airport at liverpool ?....anybody know ?
  • Options
    They do as those of us flying on Saturday will find out :-)
    What airline fly to Liverpool, I'm buggered if I can find the details, I have no idea who I'm flying with on Saturday :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Sco, sign this guy upright now!

Anyone can look up a bit of history, Stu. Here's a proper test for Salad:

Tea:

Correct biscuit for a half time lead?

Flask:

You meet the woman of your dreams (loads in the G block) but her flask runneth over with other admirers - what flask trick do you use to win her?

Blanket:

The Hayles flag crosses over your section and you have a blanket on your lap ready for the match to begin, do you?

a) Fold the blanket up neatly, place it on your seat to keep the heat in and join in the fun.
    b) Tsk loudly at anyone standing up to pass the flag along whilst formulating a letter of complaint to Charlton about the "rough element" in your block that joins in such activities.

All three:

You accidently find yourself in an away pub, they notice your Charlton FC (Flask Connoisseur) badge and take a dislike to you. You are armed with a half full flask of tea and a blanket and there are 5 of them that take a dislike to you, how do you defend yourself?
  • Options
    brilliant !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]They do as those of us flying on Saturday will find out :-)
    What airline fly to Liverpool, I'm buggered if I can find the details, I have no idea who I'm flying with on Saturday :-)[/quote]

This should be the link for Liverpool John Lennon Airport and the places that planes fly to/from:

http://www.liverpooljohnlennonairport.com/page.php?p=83
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Anyone can look up a bit of history, Stu.
    How dareth thee - that information was all off the cuff!
    Here's a proper test for Salad:

Tea:

Correct biscuit for a half time lead?
    Garibaldi
    Flask:

You meet the woman of your dreams (loads in the G block) but her flask runneth over with other admirers - what flask trick do you use to win her?
    left-handed pump action whilst tidying blanket-edge with right-hand
    Blanket:

The Hayles flag crosses over your section and you have a blanket on your lap ready for the match to begin, do you?

a) Fold the blanket up neatly, place it on your seat to keep the heat in and join in the fun.
    b) Tsk loudly at anyone standing up to pass the flag along whilst formulating a letter of complaint to Charlton about the "rough element" in your block that joins in such activities.
    (b) for sure
    All three:

You accidently find yourself in an away pub, they notice your Charlton FC (Flask Connoisseur) badge and take a dislike to you. You are armed with a half full flask of tea and a blanket and there are 5 of them that take a dislike to you, how do you defend yourself?
    remove razor blades from flask's hidden compartment, slide into blanket blade runners, whirl blanket at neck-height with left hand, drink tea with right hand and walk casually to alternative hostelry
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited April 2007
    I'm impressed, Salad. There are a few mistakes though:

A Garibaldi biscuit is eaten only at full time after a victory. Bourbons are eaten in defeat.

The flask and "all three" questions are down to personal style and you have plenty, dood.

However,

A flag in G Block? Whatever next? Singing? We have more elite stewards in our section to stop such uncouth activities spreading to our area.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    wasn't there some bother at the West Ham game with a non-flasker standing up & clapping for the third goal?

As for the half-time lead, Rich Tea would be a more satisfying choice. Currants are inappropriate for such a delicate stage of the game, so please accept my apology. My excuse is that the last time we had a half-time lead it was 3-0 and one could've got away with a Garibaldi perhaps, maybe a tad presumptious though.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Sco, sign this guy up[b]right now![/b][/quote]

[/quote]

hayles ????
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Theresa Hayles, woollen blanket connoisseur extraordinaire.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]

hayles ????

I think he had something to do with Che Guevara