Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statistics: Can a few of you wait outside the ground please in case we need you?

It has been an up and down season, but did you realise that 80% of our defeats in the League have come when the attendance is an odd number. What's more we are yet to lose when the attendance ends in 8 or 9, yet if the attendance ends in a 0, we are yet to win. An attendance ending in 3 appears to produce the most random results - 2 wins, 3 draws and 4 defeats. But, of course, these hard compelling facts are difficult to understand when we are yet to play in front of a crowd ending in 2 or 6. If the attendance does end in 2 tomorrow night though, we can take heart as the League Cup attendance against Colchester ended in a 2 and we won 4-0 win.

So, can we have a few people hanging about outside the ground so that you can be called in if necessary. Facts are fact, ladies and gentlemen.

Comments

• Within your research have you allowed for those bunking in? Or indeed bunking out.
  • Problem is, if they're season ticket holders they're counted anyway, so that won't help.
  • bloody turnstyle operators.
  • edited March 2015
    Daggs said:

Within your research have you allowed for those bunking in? Or indeed bunking out.

I've had a team of 100 people dotted round the ground counting the number that bunked in, but it's the same 10 people that bunk into every game, so it doesn't change the stats.
  • Excellent planning TM addick.
  • It's transfermarket.com all over again only more reliable.
  • Macronate said:

bloody turnstyle operators.

Where's Rob Lee when you need him?
  • Maybe you could organise your volunteers to line up outside a row of turnstiles behind the Cupboard End doing the okeycokey in and out of the ground for 90 minutes, until we have the correct attendance figure for your model Thai?
  • Maybe you could organise your volunteers to line up outside a row of turnstiles behind the Cupboard End doing the okeycokey in and out of the ground for 90 minutes, until we have the correct attendance figure for your model Thai?

They don't come cheap though and would probably charge me a lot more if they had to do that.
  • Ended in a odd number on Saturday, didn't it? 25,545?

I remember thinking it would have been even better with ten more - perfect crowd for FootballforaFiver...
  • Sponsored links:

• A quiet Monday Evening in Thailand then??
  • It has been an up and down season, but did you realise that 80% of our defeats in the League have come when the attendance is an odd number.

But, adding in the last home game, 70% of our attendances have been odd. So the variation to 80% is well within standard deviation isn't it? Nothing to see here.
  • A quiet Monday Evening in Thailand then??

I was sitting at Gatwick waiting for my flight!