Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Solly and Gudmundsson doubts for Forest?

Just seen that both were struggling with muscle injuries.

If Solly isn't fit, and Jacko still out, who gets the armband?

Comments

• Can only be Johnson.
  • cafc-west said:

Can only be Johnson.

I wouldn't have an issue with Henderson taking the armband while they're injured
  • WSS said:

Cousins

My own thought.

Continental managers tend to give captaincy to the player with the most appearances for the team. On that basis, it seems Jordan is the obvious choice?
  • WSS said:

Cousins

Played like a leader yesterday
  • Has to be Cousins
  • We need a leader who is vocal and commands respect; a player with Premier League experience, all points to Johnson but as he's only been with is for five minutes will prob. go to TBH or Cousins. Blow if Guds. is out but maybe Eagles can come in and play right mid? Or even Wilson but if Solly is not fit Luzon may well play Wilson at full back. One thing I will say (and I'm not being defeatist here and am probably stating the bleedin' obvious) but Forest will be a tougher nut to crack than Hudd'field. They are on a great run and seem to be scoring goals for fun; It would be no small achievement to gain a point from this one. But who knows? If Watt and Igor get the service goals will flow. Just watched Tony Watt's second goal again for the umpteenth time, great movement and superb strike... long may it continue. Also fantastic reception for SCP yesterday and well deserved!
  • Sponsored links:

• TBH or Johnson with Gomez switching to RB
  • Eagles could play RM?
  • Go Henderson but let Johnson be the voice of the team as he is. He knows all the boys well and he will be able to spot defensive problems. Cousin's doesn't stop running enough to be able to captain those around him, lol.
  • edited March 2015
    With TBH still possibly out, and if Solly isn't fit enough, the team should look something like this
    Henderson
    Gomez Johnson Bikey Fox
    Eagles Buyens Cousins Bulot
    Vetokele Watt

Surely this is the week Bikey comes back in if Solly and TBH aren't fit, and with that lineup the bench will be

Dmitrovic
    Wilson
    Harriott
    Diarra
    Lepoint
    Church
    Either Onyewu or Ahearne-Grant

So we'll be a bit thin, but the sides not terrible
  • But Forest are on fire.
    3 players above 10 goals, threats from long distance, the midfield are going to have their work really cut out.
  • edited March 2015

But Forest are on fire.
    3 players above 10 goals, threats from long distance, the midfield are going to have their work really cut out.

Cousins in the middle will be essential, fingers crossed Buyens can put in a good performance but I think giving Diarra his first start instead could be wise. I think Gomez should be at RB if Solly needs a break.. Complete faith that he'd put in another good performance.

Henderson for captain I think. Not sure Cousins has enough about him to be a leader as yet and Roger, though vocal, hasn't been here long enough for it to be fair in my opinion. I'd be happy for it to be any of those 3 however.

Eagles, Bulot
    Vetokele, Watt as a front 4 should be potent enough for goals!
  • The Captain should be the best leader. we've had many Captains who've hardly played for us previously, Alan McCleary for one, Christian Dailly?
  • Churchy
  • The Captain should be the best leader. we've had many Captains who've hardly played for us previously, Alan McCleary for one, Christian Dailly?

Correct, but this was under British management.

If you read my comment, Continental managers tend to pick the player with the most appearances at the club.

As with Solly.

So unless Luzon is considered British, he will probably pick Jordan.

Please note, I am not saying it is right, just what is likely...
  • This thread just reminds me how quickly time passes as you get older!

In my mind, Jordan is still a young kid trying to break into the first team, yet here we are looking like playing a game where he's the longest serving player!

Nyaaah! Bloody kids these days don't know they're born!
  • Sponsored links:

• Without a doubt, Johnson.
  • I worry that Wilson will start seeing as he was the early replacement for Gud saturday...
  • Pity Wilson didn't get that goal. He's plainly lacking confidence
  • wmcf123 said:

Pity Wilson didn't get that goal. He's plainly lacking confidence

He looked much perkier on Saturday, as someone else said elsewhere bringing him on as an early sub on Saturday would have given him a boost
  • edited March 2015
    wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

He looked much perkier on Saturday, as someone else said elsewhere bringing him on as an early sub on Saturday would have given him a boost
    Does give credence to the rumours that he and Peeters had some kind of personal spat. His confidence was nil, but under new management while he certainly isn't back to his best he's certainly got more spring in his step recently.
  • If Gudmundsson is not available then play Eagles. He has a point to prove with Freedman (If the article in yesterday's FLP is correct) and to show the head coach he's worthy of a regular place in the starting eleven.

If Solly is not available then Johnson should be captain.
  • Gudmundsson is fine
  • He's fine.
  • Is Gudmundsson okay to play or can anyone confirm if he's fine to play? ;)