Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2015....

The last proper holiday I had was many seasons ago (see photo) in Fuerteventura, a very good friend of mine has booked me a week in Lanzarote for my birthday in April. Looking forward to it, just wandering if anyone has been to the Lanzarote Paradise Club hotel before ?
Any tips on, well, basically, anything, would be appreciated. Going out in mid-April.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Looking good Mog. Maybe smile.
  • Options
    What's a holiday?
  • Options
    I got back from Lanzarote on friday and it was great. Puerto Del Carmen is a great place to visit with nice beaches, a strip with great nightlife and a decent amount of shops and a markets on specific days for your fake rolex's ;) Visiting the volcanoes was alright. I recommend go-karting in puerto del carmen, they have the biggest track in Europe and it's good fun. If you can rent a hire car do-so, it's cheap and a short trip to Puerto Del Carmen from Teguise.
  • Options
    Have fun by the way!
  • Options
    Do NOT under any circumstances get on a camel - they are evil incarnate.

Things to do in Lanzarote:
    The beaches of Costa de Papagayo near Playa Blanca are the best on the island but nowhere near as good as those on Fuerteventura.
    Visit: the Cactus Garden (it's better than it sounds); the César Manrique Foundation (for your culture); Mirador del Rio (for the views); and El Golfo for the weird green water. The volcano thing is okay but there's only so much black rock you can take.
    Take a ferry back to Fuereventura and point and laugh at the naked Germans.

• Options
    Not been to the Paradise Club (sounds more like a brothel than a hotel :wink: ) but went to Playa Blanca about 3 years ago. Lovely resort, smaller than Puerto del Carmen but well worth a visit. Also worth hiring a car and going to the volcanic national park, as well as touring around generally. There is a great viewpoint up in the far north east of the island which has spectacular views of the coastline. Have a great time.
  • Options
    As you probably know, MOG, we're Tenerife fans and will be there for our usual week at the end of March

But SO pleased to hear of your forthcoming holiday ! Enjoy every minute !
    xx
  • Options

The last proper holiday I had was many seasons ago (see photo) in Fuerteventura, a very good friend of mine has booked me a week in Lanzarote for my birthday in April. Looking forward to it, just wandering if anyone has been to the Lanzarote Paradise Club hotel before ?
    Any tips on, well, basically, anything, would be appreciated. Going out in mid-April.
    Thanks.

Mutual friend of ours goes every year you,l love it
  • Options
    is the Paradise Club run by Leslie Grantham?
  • Options
    Who's that Ledge ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyway, for £380 for flights, insurance and self-catering apartment (large enough for 4 people easily) for 7 nights, absolutely superb. Many, many bars, pints at €2, full veggie breakfast €2-50, weather around 75 degrees, nice and cool, apparently its the windy island and a terrific tour round the volcanoes, it was a much enjoyed, and needed, first holiday for 26 years.

Don't think the Lanzarotians (is that a word) have grasped the Vegetarian concept yet.......