Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wedding Photographer

2»

Comments

• I've seen some of Blackheath's pics as he did an old friend of mines Wedding, he did a very good job and they looked amazing. I'd definitely use him if I needed a photographer.
  • I'm going to use him for mine, he's done some smashing stuff at the sponsors do and the other photographs that are on his website as examples.

And he's a decent bloke even though he wants a dinner. I've set aside a ham roll for him and he can be grateful ;-)

This is @blackheathaddick I'm talking about btw
  • Very kind chaps. Ham roll sounds cracking :)
  • edited February 2015
    I got married last year and I think we ended up paying between £1,800 and £2,000 for our photographer, this didn't include a pre-wedding shoot though. We were over the moon with the pics and would recommend him to anyone, I won't post a link, but if you want the details feel free to message me.

So it's not a bad price in my opinion, and for me one of the best value for money items from the day. One of my favourite things (post wedding) was looking through all the pictures with the Mrs, seeing all our friends and family enjoying the occasion (as you don't see or take in everything on the day) and trying to pick out the ones we wanted in the album.

We're in Maidstone so should be similar to prices you're looking at. It's also worth taking into consideration what kind of pictures you want from the day - as some will want traditional, whereas we went for a more 'documentary' style.

All the best for the rest of your plans, and when the big day rolls round!

• I paid £400 for 300 photos, never got an album though I made my own.
  • I’m looking for a photographer for my daughters wedding next year , she describes the type she wants as natural, journalistic! Any recommendations ? Thanks in advance  
  • MrOneLung said:
    Message @JohnBoyUK

Thanks @MrOneLung

@valleyaddick check out my website at https://www.johndriscollphotography.co.uk.  If you've got any questions, just drop me a message.

• When my sister got married in '94. The photographer knock his camera over during the shoot. He stuck a plate into the camera and checked the film, he then continued to take pictures. Later that evening when he returned, it turned out that he didn't remove the plate so all the photos after that wouldn't have been on any film. Needless to say my sister wasn't happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• And why it’s worth spending what is required on a decent photographer. Arguably the most important part of the day.
  • And why it’s worth spending what is required on a decent photographer. Arguably the most important part of the day.
    Couldnt agree more... Have had a few conversations with my Photographer over the years (great bloke who we met at a wedding fair)

He feels the industry will be dead for him in a few years as seems anyone with an iPhone thinks they can be a wedding photographer because they see the potential pound signs

If you want quality these days you have to pay for it... Really isnt worth the risk for what you say is the most important part
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    When my sister got married in '94. The photographer knock his camera over during the shoot. He stuck a plate into the camera and checked the film, he then continued to take pictures. Later that evening when he returned, it turned out that he didn't remove the plate so all the photos after that wouldn't have been on any film. Needless to say my sister wasn't happy.
    Ouch.  Ironically, in the last decade, 2 of my best mates got married.  One hired an inexperienced, cheap photographer and one hired an experienced fella.

The experienced fella went bankrupt shortly after the wedding and for whatever reason, my mate never got the pictures.  The only pictures they've got are the ones I took on my little compact camera which I had with me, years before I turned pro.  

The other mate who hired the inexperienced photographer has a nightmare.  They only got back 2 or 3 pictures that were actually in focus because the photographer bought a new camera beforehand and didnt have a clue how to use it properly.

I've heard so many nightmare stories about photographers, sadly.

Thats why I shoot with 2 Nikon bodies to dual memory slots, with a back up Nikon body in my bag in case of emergency.  Huge investment but I couldnt live with myself if technical faliure could cock up someone's wedding!
    IIRC, he wasn’t cheap and was from the Broadway Bexleyheath, think he had a name from our stripy friends. He wanted to take the photos again in the evening, not much chance of that at an Irish wedding. 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    When my sister got married in '94. The photographer knock his camera over during the shoot. He stuck a plate into the camera and checked the film, he then continued to take pictures. Later that evening when he returned, it turned out that he didn't remove the plate so all the photos after that wouldn't have been on any film. Needless to say my sister wasn't happy.
    Ouch.  Ironically, in the last decade, 2 of my best mates got married.  One hired an inexperienced, cheap photographer and one hired an experienced fella.

The experienced fella went bankrupt shortly after the wedding and for whatever reason, my mate never got the pictures.  The only pictures they've got are the ones I took on my little compact camera which I had with me, years before I turned pro.  

The other mate who hired the inexperienced photographer has a nightmare.  They only got back 2 or 3 pictures that were actually in focus because the photographer bought a new camera beforehand and didnt have a clue how to use it properly.

I've heard so many nightmare stories about photographers, sadly.

Thats why I shoot with 2 Nikon bodies to dual memory slots, with a back up Nikon body in my bag in case of emergency.  Huge investment but I couldnt live with myself if technical faliure could cock up someone's wedding!
    IIRC, he wasn’t cheap and was from the Broadway Bexleyheath, think he had a name from our stripy friends. He wanted to take the photos again in the evening, not much chance of that at an Irish wedding. 
    Nigel Barrett?
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Message @JohnBoyUK

Thanks @MrOneLung

@valleyaddick check out my website at https://www.johndriscollphotography.co.uk.  If you've got any questions, just drop me a message.

Thanks ! I will send her the details 
  • I spoke to a few photographers and picked the one that my wife and I clicked with personality wise. 
  • I did photos at a mates wedding once, I had an ok for the time DSLR and he wasn't going to get anyone else if I didn't do it. 

A million miles from a professional but he must have liked them as I ended up doing his brothers and sisters weddings too! 

Another friend of ours did the video of my mates wedding, when it came to the speeches he was so pissed already he did not realise the battery had died so missed them all despite having a couple of spare batteries with him... He moved to NZ not long after but I think that was a coincidence!
  • cafc999 said:
    I spoke to a few photographers and picked the one that my wife and I clicked with personality wise. 
    Absolutely the best way to go.

Exactly why I have a little video intro of me on the front page of my website, so potential clients can get to 'meet' me virtually before they do in person.  It took me a good while to pluck up the courage to do it but had a lot of positive feedback since.
  • We had ours all booked and two weeks before wedding were meant to be meeting up and going to the venue to get some ideas for shots. 

Had tried calling and left messages in the week or so before that and got no answer or response. 

Started to panic a bit as had paid quite a hefty deposit and did some Googling of him and saw a post that someone else was in same situation and found his home address. he had died the week before we tried to get in touch and his wife didn’t know password to computer to be able to contact anyone who had weddings booked with him. 
  • edited January 2021
    try my mate Scott WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS ESSEX UK & DESTINATIONS | THE EDGE PHOTOGRAPHY one of the best in the country, did EDIT Ben Stokes! wedding no less. Wins lots of awards and does some amazing stuff. nice guy as well. Sadly, like @JohnBoyUK is also a spud, so no escape there
  • Sponsored links:

• I got married in July 2018 and our photographer was 

https://www.louisadettmerweddingphotography.co.uk/

They are absolutely brilliant.