Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FTSE 100 closes at an all time high 6949

13»

Comments

• Options
    I've been mucking about with this method -

Pick funds based on their performance/charges/risk.
    Review every six months, if they've dropped below a 5 star rating consider lumping onto something else.
    Use Fidelity via Cavendish. Charges are low and can be monitored, switched, closed online with ease
    Completely unscientific, reactive and drew a rebuke from my financial advisor, but has turned over a good return.
    It's all a gamble, but if you can ride out losses and can hold on from the long term the risk balances itself out.
  • Options

lolwray said:

lolwray said:

so if you had an equity based pension fund and you satisfied the age criteria ...would you take as much cash out now or let it devalue when the market recedes which i am almost certain it will do ,if not now in next 12 months ?

You shouldn't take financial advice from here, but personally I'd be looking into withdrawing some.
    You also need to look at the tax implications. There's no point making an extra 10% due to stock market levels if you get punished with 20% or 40% tax.

Personally, I'm very surprised the UK market is rising as I thought it would start to fall with the election uncertainty.

I still think it will, especially the stronger Labour look.

However, you can never be sure. Sometimes it's a good idea to hedge your bets.
    yeah thanks appreciate this site isnt FCA regulated ! probably take out the money and buy some magic beans with half of it to hedge my bets !

The FTSE 100 has indeed risen a lot (as have all developed equity markets) but it remains relatively 'underowned' by institutional investors and is one of the cheapest markets in the world.

This of course does not constitute investment advice.
    Yes it does!

Anyway, it doesn't matter - unless you are providing investment advice by way of business. You're not are you?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

lolwray said:

lolwray said:

so if you had an equity based pension fund and you satisfied the age criteria ...would you take as much cash out now or let it devalue when the market recedes which i am almost certain it will do ,if not now in next 12 months ?

You shouldn't take financial advice from here, but personally I'd be looking into withdrawing some.
    You also need to look at the tax implications. There's no point making an extra 10% due to stock market levels if you get punished with 20% or 40% tax.

Personally, I'm very surprised the UK market is rising as I thought it would start to fall with the election uncertainty.

yeah thanks appreciate this site isnt FCA regulated ! probably take out the money and buy some magic beans with half of it to hedge my bets !

The FTSE 100 has indeed risen a lot (as have all developed equity markets) but it remains relatively 'underowned' by institutional investors and is one of the cheapest markets in the world.

Yes it does!

Anyway, it doesn't matter - unless you are providing investment advice by way of business. You're not are you?
    I can assure you that giving factual information about a generic asset class does not constitute investment advice.

Either way, no I'm not an investment adviser.
  • Options
    I have standard life shares they tend to peg the stock market ups and downs, doing well at the mo altho dropped back a bit
  • Options

cafcfan said:

lolwray said:

lolwray said:

Yes it does!

I can assure you that giving factual information about a generic asset class does not constitute investment advice.

Either way, no I'm not an investment adviser.
    Ahh, I assumed you were extolling the virtues of a FTSE100 CFD :wink: