Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First match in years.

This is a call for help and assistance please. For the first time in many years I may be able to get back to the UK to see the Blackburn game in March. It is so long since I visited the valley that changes will have happened so any advice please re decent pre match pint, time to queue for tickets and especially parking. I always used to park outside the houses at the top of Charlton Church lane but guess this is no longer possible?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and would be good to meet some CL members for real.

Comments

• Options
    Rose of Denmark and you can park for free in their car park, Top of Charlton Church Lane other side of road.

Bugle pub, Liberal C;ub (Allegedly large number of CL in there)

Bigger queue for tickets closer you get to kick off so get your tickets have your pint
  • Options
    Thanks KAP10
  • Options
    Everything about everything is crap
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Everything about everything is crap

I'm sorry I don't get this, what are you on about?
  • Options
    Buying the tickets in advance by phone, internet or in person = more time in the pub.
  • Options
    Stevec - rest assured, you probably won't notice much different about the football.
  • Options
    Soapy - thanks it is years years (I reckon about sixteen) so the lack of trams won't be a surprise but I bet a pint is more than 60p now. I used to buy peanuts form the bloke walking the large East terrace but that also is long gone, even since my last visit. The implementation of roofing to offset the elements is progress I imagine as it was only the covered end that gave any solace back in the day. Living in France the new tasty faire served at the ground should provide an interesting challenge to my taste buds
    Plus your parting comment, and that of Cardinal Sin comes as no surprise, was I expecting anything else?
    Many thanks.