Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A year to the day ...

What a moment, what a day ... what a man!

One of the most incredible, exhilarating and outright emotional things I have witnessed at The Valley.

Enjoy ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C1NqBNhZXeE

Comments

• sent shivers down my spine seeing that again

and what a challenge from Poyet
  • Don't you just love him !!!
  • Fantastic, one of my favourite Charlton moments from an era when I lived abroad and hardly ever saw us play live. And all the better because:
    - it was the first time my son had ever seen Charlton win
    - it was the first time I'd seen Charlton win in the flesh for about 8 years and many attempts
    - we'd travelled from Sweden for the Barnsley match a few weeks before, only for it to be postponed 2 hours before kick off. Paddy Powell was not the only one in pieces that day!
    We'll love Jacko forever just for that goal, what a feeling at the end. Pure joy.
  • Arjevich (or whatever) looked good, why'd no one like him ?
  • Remember that. Was blinding.
  • SCP and Colin Powells embrace at the end of that was emotional

• edited February 2015
    Wonderful stuff

Vital win
    Last minute goal
    Jacko - one of our own
    It pissed 'Arry off
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Arjevich (or whatever) looked good, why'd no one like him ?

I would have him back here tomorrow if I could, great if you need someone to come on with half hour to go
  • Powell's last home game.
  • Look at that pitch.
  • PL54 said:

Eh? People DID like him. He was the only one of the original lot that came over that was actually any good.
    True WCA , but fitness was a big issue with him.

• AshBurton said:

Fantastic, one of my favourite Charlton moments from an era when I lived abroad and hardly ever saw us play live. And all the better because:
    - it was the first time my son had ever seen Charlton win
    - it was the first time I'd seen Charlton win in the flesh for about 8 years and many attempts
    - we'd travelled from Sweden for the Barnsley match a few weeks before, only for it to be postponed 2 hours before kick off. Paddy Powell was not the only one in pieces that day!
    We'll love Jacko forever just for that goal, what a feeling at the end. Pure joy.

Same here. I'm a fan in China. It's one of my favourite two Charlton moments when it comes to live matches, the other one being our 4-0 win over West Ham in early 2007. I've been lucky enough to have the opportunities to watch a few matches since this time last year but none of them have given me more joy and excitement than the QPR game, not even the Watford win in September. Proves a last minute winner is always the sweetest thing in football, especially when the opponents are the favourites to win the game.
  • PL54 said:

I would have him back here tomorrow if I could, great if you need someone to come on with half hour to go
    Me too!

• That was my favourite goal of last season! Left The Valley so happy that day. Even enjoyed the train back to London with the QPR fans.
  • Was the first match my partner came to and she still dont know what happened with the goal cos I pretty much jumped on her when we scored lol!

Because of the win and the atmosphere that day she's been hooked ever since :)
  • Love a last minute winner, similar to the Leeds home game when Sodje scored.
  • Ajderavic was decent... shame we couldn't keep him... Eagles will be better though!
  • Sponsored links:

• That was a great moment, it was the presence of Marcus Tudgay on the pitch that made the difference :-)
    Seriously, a great corner. Astrit definitely has class on the ball, a shame he's so poor physically
  • PL54 said:

Well no one good in Europe seems to "like" him either. He's now on loan at Helsingborg, back home in Sweden. He won't need the stamina in that league.

• PL54 said:

Eh? People DID like him. He was the only one of the original lot that came over that was actually any good.
    True WCA , but fitness was a big issue with him.

Indeed it was. I think the two real criticisms I saw of Astrit were the fitness issue and his lack of pace. Both fair comments of course, but he was a cut above the rest we got around the same time.
  • Wonderful stuff

Vital win
    Last minute goal
    Jacko - one of our own
    It pissed 'Arry off

Legend has it his left eye didn't stop spinning for three weeks after that game...