Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardiff Away

2»

Comments

• cabbles said:

This was going to be my 2nd away trip of the season until my mrs booked her 30th bday celebrations :(

It had all the ingredients I look for in an away game, ie new ground

so whats stopping you tell her to have a nice birthday and you'll have a beer for her in cardiff :smiley:
  • Does anyone know if tickets will be available on the day?
  • Davo55 said:

Does anyone know if tickets will be available on the day?

Yes you can. Slight increase on price though.
  • Thanks BOC
  • I'll be here with my son and 2 of my step-daughters in the family stand.
  • Anyone who went last season, is there anywhere to drink near the ground or is the town centre close by. Also where is best to park. Cheers
  • Nicholas said:

Anyone who went last season, is there anywhere to drink near the ground or is the town centre close by. Also where is best to park. Cheers

Check out page one for drinks.

• Nicholas said:

Anyone who went last season, is there anywhere to drink near the ground or is the town centre close by. Also where is best to park. Cheers

Check out page one for drinks.

Cheers page one it is then.
  • Nicholas said:

Ground is about 20-25 mins walk or 5 min train from Cardiff to Ninian Park from town centre where's there is plenty of pubs.
  • Do you need a passport?
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicholas said:

Ground is about 20-25 mins walk or 5 min train from Cardiff to Ninian Park from town centre where's there is plenty of pubs.
    Isn't there a station which the Official Cardiff website advises away fans not to use? I wonder why!

• IA said:

Do you need a passport?

The old ones are the best.
  • Seven of us heading down there including three generations of two families. Another new ground for me too and a rare away game where I am travelling with hope! COYA.
  • Really looking forward to this, planning on drinking in the city centre and then jumping on the 14.36 train that gets into Ninian Park for 14.40 - can anyone who knows Cardiff/the ground think of a reason that's not a good idea ?
  • se9addick said:

Really looking forward to this, planning on drinking in the city centre and then jumping on the 14.36 train that gets into Ninian Park for 14.40 - can anyone who knows Cardiff/the ground think of a reason that's not a good idea ?

get a taxi from the centre will much easier and only cost a fiver.
  • se9addick said:

Really looking forward to this, planning on drinking in the city centre and then jumping on the 14.36 train that gets into Ninian Park for 14.40 - can anyone who knows Cardiff/the ground think of a reason that's not a good idea ?

Do taxis pick up after the game?
  • se9addick said:

You might be there too late to get a programme!
  • se9addick said:

It'll be in a different language anyway !

se9addick said:

Cheers - will a taxi be quicker than five minute train (and ten minute walk from station to ground) ?
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

It'll be in a different language anyway !

se9addick said:

Cheers - will a taxi be quicker than five minute train (and ten minute walk from station to ground) ?
    yes definately loads of taxi's in the centre either by the station or st mary's st (just right of the station) Loads of pubs up st mary's st.

St Mary's St.
    Named after a church in the street that washed away in the TSUNAMI in the early 1600's.
    A little way up is two small arcades in one of them houses the world's oldest record shop.
    Near the top of the street on the right hand side is Cardiff Market which at one point was Cardiff Prison go upstairs and take a look at the small stalls and you can tell it used to be a prison. Walk through the market and go out onto the other side you will see a pathway between two small green spaces, on the floor is numbers where prisoners were buried around the turn of the 20th century.

If you want to walk to the ground have some beers in st marys st walk up to the castle and turn left it will take about 20/25 minutes and should be a pleasureable walk. If you walk on the castle side you will see animals in stone on the wall. Many years ago they wanted a zoo in the castle grounds but the council said no so they put numerous exotic animals on top of the wall.
  • for some who are interested in a few decent pubs. i;ll be hitting the urban tap tomorrow.

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2014/oct/14/top-10-craft-beer-pubs-cardiff-wales
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicholas said:

Went last season, park in the ground mate, dead simple. We got away really easy last time, whilst they were all celebrating promotion. Reasonable price too...
  • Spanish said:

Nicholas said:

Went last season, park in the ground mate, dead simple. We got away really easy last time, whilst they were all celebrating promotion. Reasonable price too...
    This time they'll all be sneaking out early though after Watt bags his second
  • Been looking for a boozer that shows BT Sport so I can watch the Bradford game tomorrow.

Any ideas for a boozer in Canton?
  • Been looking for a boozer that shows BT Sport so I can watch the Bradford game tomorrow.

I live in Canton it's where all the cardiff nutters drink. Best bet is watch in town and then taxi it to the ground.
  • A lot of us going to the great western, it's a spoons outside Cardiff Central.

I live in Canton it's where all the cardiff nutters drink. Best bet is watch in town and then taxi it to the ground.
    Ended up in The Cornwall over in Grangemouth.

Afterwards The Corporation by the Canton Cross, did not realise that there were so many boozers.