Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parma

Apparently their fixture against Udinese this weekend has been cancelled because they cant afford to pay stewards.
Rumours that they have gone bust and are to be dissolved.

Comments

• Options
    Sad news, didn't zola play for them in the early c4 days?
  • Options
    I remember they paid something like £32m for crespo one year and Parmalat had to put the price of milk up by a few cents to pay for it.

Clearly they haven't learned lessons
  • Options

Zola joined Chelsea from Parma .
  • Options
    Very sad, can't even afford bottles of water apparently. Still, they've done it before haven't they when the Parmalat financial issues were the problem. Once had Thuram (the good one!) and Buffon on their books.

I wonder if they've any half decent players who would like a gig in South London once they've had their contracts cancelled?
  • Options

Yep, played against Arsenal in the cup winners cup final along with Asprilla and that fat bastard Brolin.
  • Options

And Cannavaro, Thuram, Veron. Huge club.
  • Options

And Cannavaro, Thuram, Veron. Huge club.
    and Asprilla, my favourite geordie ((:>) .. perish the thought that Italian football is in any way skint, or even corrupt
  • Options
    Trained at the Valley before the 1993 Cup winners cup final against Royal Antwerp at Wembley
  • Options
    According to wiki they have about 140 players on their books, no wonder they're in the brown stuff
  • Options
    Why didn't Roland add them to the Network?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sensini, Baggio, Cannavaro, Bennarivo, Chiesa and more. Hell of a side in the mid 90s.
  • Options
    All smells a bit cheesy to me.
  • Options
    sm said:

All smells a bit cheesy to me.

Oh dear..
  • Options
    oh dairy me, these puns are awful
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

oh dairy me, these puns are awful

Are you sausage? I think they're quite grapes.
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted for them.

From the early football italia days they were my favourite Italian team and I have made the trek over to the Ennio Tardini a fair few times.

Everyone remembers the big players during the glory era but forget the amount of players and managers who would really start their careers there.

Someone briefly touched on the 140 playing staff, sounds extreme but it takes into account the youth players who are on the books and are reguarly loaned to the smaller lower league clubs. Common occurance in Italy and the way they conduct business is very, questionable.

Even when the Tanzi era ended the amount of shady businessmen which took interest was terrible, yet they still competed.

Now it looks a done deal, riddled with debt and just isnt manageable. Not a big club, out of date stadium and no real assets. Great shame as their fans were superb.

Hope a miracle saves them!
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Hope a miracle Roland saves them!

corrected for you :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Absolutely gutted for them.

From the early football italia days they were my favourite Italian team and I have made the trek over to the Ennio Tardini a fair few times.

Everyone remembers the big players during the glory era but forget the amount of players and managers who would really start their careers there.

Someone briefly touched on the 140 playing staff, sounds extreme but it takes into account the youth players who are on the books and are reguarly loaned to the smaller lower league clubs. Common occurance in Italy and the way they conduct business is very, questionable.

Even when the Tanzi era ended the amount of shady businessmen which took interest was terrible, yet they still competed.

Now it looks a done deal, riddled with debt and just isnt manageable. Not a big club, out of date stadium and no real assets. Great shame as their fans were superb.

Hope a miracle saves them!

Really sorry for you mate, I just don't understand how it's gone so wrong for them.

What's next for the supporters ? Will there be an AFC Parma type thing ?
  • Options
    Before the previous administration they were originally founded as AC Parma from 1913. Following the Parmalat scandal they became Parma FC (still retained history) in 2004.

I have no doubt there will be another club, as before 1990 they had never been in Serie A so traditionally the club was always smaller than others think.

The way Italian clubs are run is outrageous, yet no real control.
  • Options
    It's shocking what's been allowed to happen there, by the sound of that excellent article Serie A will try to keep them going until the end of the season
  • Options
    Fiorentina recovered from a similar situation around a decade ago, had to start again in the 4th tier and were back in the top flight in 4 years. Unbelievable though, not just in Italy but across Europe including over here, so many clubs run irresponsibly and allowed to continue operating whilst carrying debts that you can't imagine they'll ever be able to pay back.
  • Options
    It's a sad story but the ineptitude and corruption there is staggering

• Options
    In a world where overpaid sports stars get lots of stick you have to respect the players and staff

Parma’s players have not been paid all season and have to do their own laundry and drive their own team bus.

Very sad news but hopefully things will end up sorted out for the better in the long run.
  • Options
    Likely to be starting next season in the 4th tier: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33224457

Don't know much about Italian football, but I believe Serie D has more in common with the Conference North and South than it does with League 2. Fiorentina came back quite quickly from a similar situation around a decade ago.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Likely to be starting next season in the 4th tier: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33224457

Don't know much about Italian football, but I believe Serie D has more in common with the Conference North and South than it does with League 2. Fiorentina came back quite quickly from a similar situation around a decade ago.

Their Serie D is of similar standard to our League 2. It is full of Italian players trying to reach serie A a bit like league 2 is full of English players trying to reach the prem. why do us English underestimate foreign leagues. It's ignorant.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

MrLargo said:

Their Serie D is of similar standard to our League 2. It is full of Italian players trying to reach serie A a bit like league 2 is full of English players trying to reach the prem. why do us English underestimate foreign leagues. It's ignorant.
    Sorry, I stand corrected. From what I read I got the impression that it was an amateur league divided regionally and mostly (but not entirely) populated by clubs whose gates are in the hundreds rather than the thousands.