Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Message to RD

For the second time once again with Guy Luzon you seem to have got lucky; RD you hired him in May 2013, a full season with Standard Liege ensured you had Champions League Football at the start of this season (and you almost came away with the Belgian League Title)... You got greedy and you made Guy's role difficult by moving on a good number of players that almost gave you the League title, had you strengthened Liege in the Summer they may have been stronger this season yet you made them weaker, they struggled and that cost Guy Luzon his job.

It seems now though that by giving us Guy Luzon you could be ensuring Championship survival for Charlton Athletic once more but here is my message... You fucked up with Luzon last summer by not letting him strengthen Liege, these last two games against Brentford and Wigan although just two matches show that Luzon could be success in English Football but only if you dont shot him in the foot again, see where Charlton are this summer and if possible strengthen our weak areas and your mate Luzon could well repay you with Premier League revenue (that is more money at once than any of our Charlton player could provide in Transfer Fees!!)

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Wow, you know so much.

Who is you rant really for?
    RD, us, or you?
  • Two points,Guy Luzon lost the Belgian league after being 5points clear going into play-offs,and premier league
    revenue with Guy Luzon,you are having a joke with us.
  • Wow, you know soooo much.

RD, us, or you?

Nope is definitely for RD... Dont have any hidden agendas
  • edited February 2015
    Uboat said:

Wow, you know soooo much.

RD, us, or you?

That's not a rant. Try not to be so defensive the whole time.
    Thanks for your perspective. it's always good to hear from your special positive point of view, "the whole time"?
    All a matter of opinion of course but posting "you f@€?ed up with Luzon" " if only you don't shot him in the foot again" etc might be considered part of a rant by some.

Just an opinion of course.
  • Yes he is.
    Apologies to FA and thanks for pointing out my over defensive post.
  • edited February 2015

Really beginning to not give a flying fig what anybody has to say.

That's a shame because I hang on your every word.
    If it upsets you so much, stop opening threads which are likely to offend your sensibilities.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2015
    The last couple of results (and a few of the recent signings) have given me a bit of hope for the team again as it looks like we are actually trying to build a squad. But I am fully aware that Duchatelet has previous form for selling teams best players. He did it at Liege last year. He did it at Charlton last year.

Katrien Meire has stated very clearly that the Club want to build a competitive Championship side. Duchatelet can prove this to the fans by keeping the best of what we have, moving on the ones that aren't up to it, and replacing them with players that will compliment the likes of Vetokele and JBG.

It'll also be interesting if Bulot continues his rich vein of form whether we will actually be able to turn his loan deal into a full contract, or whether he will be shipped back to Liege as an improved player. Likewise with Johnson and Eagles. If they are a success, will they get a full contract and paid the going rate, or will they end up plying their trade at new Clubs after making their names again at Charlton?

Maybe RD doesn't want to communicate with the fans directly, but it seems to me that how he deals with the above, will show us all we need to know.
  • Under a traditional owner who does not lack for finances, we could seriously think that if this team continues to keep up this form over the rest of the season, that we would add a few more of similar quality and have a serious push next season.

I would personally be wary of getting Vetokele, Gudmundsson or Watt on a new shirt until September 1st and we can't ignore that currently our two best CBs and new goalscoring midfielder only have contracts for a few more months.

Bulot(our new superstar) and Buyens are only here until the summer as well.

It is hard to be confident about us building a long term squad when players and head coaches, no matter how long they have contracts seem to arrive and be gone before you know it under the current regime, with no signs of that changing if you look at the other network clubs.

All we can do is hope that lessons are being learnt, as for me a lot more stability in the playing and coaching staff would help me feel more connection to the club i love once again.

Spot on.
  • edited February 2015

Uboat said:

Really beginning to not give a flying fig what anybody has to say.

That's a shame because I hang on your every word.
    If it upsets you so much, stop opening threads which are likely to offend your sensibilities.

Most of the stuff is the same old shit spouted by one camp since Powell walked.

You sound like you are in one camp, based on your recent posts.
    You open whatever threads you like, but what people like you need to understand is that being worried about the club is not 'negative'or 'constant digs' and it certainly isn't 'wanting us to lose', which is a popular one amongst madder members of the fraternity. It's my club too and if I've got concerns I'll air them.
    Unfortunately, if that bothers people, I 'couldn't give a flying fig'.
  • Haha, cool, however I'm certainly not in a camp that either loves or hates this regime, I just don't hate it or love it tbh.

The thread title read message to Rd, could have been negativeoor positive so opened it.
    If it would have said Oh fck off Roland then I prob wouldn't have opened it.

I am thankful he kept the club alive, that is all at this stage of the journey

Peace.
  • I would love to know why my last post got flagged, genuinely.
  • Message to RD.

Thank you so much for saving our club. I appreciate all the improvements you have made to our stadium, the greatly improved catering and getting the big screen fixed.

Most of all, thank you for improving the squad.
  • Now that you mention it, would make a good song:

Rolie! A message to you,
    Rolie! A message to you!

Stop your messing around
    Better think of our future
    Time you straighten right out
    Creating problems in town
  • Redrobo said:

Message to RD.

Thank you so much for saving our club. I appreciate all the improvements you have made to our stadium, the greatly improved catering and getting the big screen fixed.

Have you ever lived in North Korea?
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

Message to RD.

PS Please don't even think about selling our best players in the summer!

Added an extra line just to be sure....
  • edited February 2015
  • Uboat said:

I would love to know why my last post got flagged, genuinely.

Uboat said:

Redrobo said:

Message to RD.

You do like your rhetorical questions Uboat.

• LoOkOuT said:

Now that you mention it, would make a good song:

Rolie! A message to you,
    Rolie! A message to you!

Stop your messing around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwuTHjoOOtk
  • Addickted said:

Uboat said:

I would love to know why my last post got flagged, genuinely.

Uboat said:

Redrobo said:

Message to RD.

You do like your rhetorical questions Uboat.

First one wasn't rhetorical, but I see the flag has magically vanished now, so I'll never get an answer to that one.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Now that you mention it, would make a good song:

Rolie! A message to you,
    Rolie! A message to you!

Stop your messing around

Beat me to it but I was going to do.

RD, A message to you RD
  • The last couple of results (and a few of the recent signings) have given me a bit of hope for the team again as it looks like we are actually trying to build a squad. But I am fully aware that Duchatelet has previous form for selling teams best players. He did it at Liege last year. He did it at Charlton last year.

Katrien Meire has stated very clearly that the Club want to build a competitive Championship side. Duchatelet can prove this to the fans by keeping the best of what we have, moving on the ones that aren't up to it, and replacing them with players that will compliment the likes of Vetokele and JBG.

It'll also be interesting if Bulot continues his rich vein of form whether we will actually be able to turn his loan deal into a full contract, or whether he will be shipped back to Liege as an improved player. Likewise with Johnson and Eagles. If they are a success, will they get a full contract and paid the going rate, or will they end up plying their trade at new Clubs after making their names again at Charlton?

Maybe RD doesn't want to communicate with the fans directly, but it seems to me that how he deals with the above, will show us all we need to know.

You have hit the nail on the head there WCA. Especially with regards to communication with the fans, not to bothered about what he has to say....it's what he does that counts....actions speak louder then words.