Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brave .. Brave Guy

Just a quick Note on Guy and last couple of games.

Guy goes for a very attacking team against Brentford, a team despite the recent unwanted management issues are a good team in a good league Position.

We take the lead and are playing some attacking stuff, it could have been so easy for Guy to change it to a 451 and hold out, but no he kept it the same and we come away with a 3-0 win.

Now onto last night, let's be honest you never change a winning team we all know that, but a couple of inforced changes to the team due to injuries no one would have blamed Luzon for going to a 4-5-1 formation and let's be honest, Powell and Peeters would have defiantly gone for that, especially after they picked up a fantastic away win at Reading.

Again we take the lead and are playing fantastic football HT. 0-2 away at Wigan, we knew the next goal would be so important, how many times have you seen Charlton give away a 2-0 lead? Plenty of times.

But again Luzon stuck with it, went for it and it paid off. - I like that I like a manager who uses attack as a form off decent.

I spoke to someone within the club( Youth Player) and he said to me " Luzon called a meeting and said give me 2 weeks and you'll be the most organised team in this league" that was just after the Watford game.

Credit where credit is due Guy has stuck with his guns where so many managers would have bottled it especially when we was on dire form and in need of results.

Not saying I'm completely happy... No where near just yet, but Well done to Guy and the players Im now a happy Addick again.

Let's get behind Guy .. I was there last night and credit to us 500 .. We did that .. But I want to see 14,000 at the valley get behind him ..

If and I mean a big if we can keep this squad together and on paper i think we have a top 10 championship squad and Guy can keep up this impressive play... Next season could be a very very interesting one and I honestly believe that.

Comments

• Not sure that the team as it stands is top 10 material - still seems a lack of depth for that, especially up front. But the players are good enough to be there or thereabouts for the most part, this is the calibre of player to aim for - regardless of where they are from, network or otherwise. We know someone involved somewhere has an eye for players, whoever they are, please listen to them Roly...
  • Just a quick Note on Guy and last couple of games.

I spoke to someone within the club( Youth Player) and he said to me " Luzon called a meeting and said give me 2 weeks and you'll be the most organsised team in this league" that was just after the Watford game.

Organ-sized?

I'm not really bothered whether this is all the result of Guy's own thinking or whether he's listening to wise counsel. He gets full credit from me, either way. Even I can see the way the team has been set up and the personnel for the last couple of games are a lot more likely to get results in the Championship. It's common sense, not rocket science.
  • Felt 100% negative about this guy when he arrived, his previous jobs weren't acquired on merit and I didn't think he would have a clue.

He strikes me as being cock sure bordering on arrogance with a thick skin, and isn't worried about criticism. Actually not bad qualities for a manager if you have the other talents.

Perhaps he isn't a yes man and RD actually needs someone who stands up for his own ideas rather than feel threatened and sulk about it.

Just a theory.

JJ had positive comments to make, so did Tony Watt. Perhaps he has got some talents but is just a maverick.
  • Time will tell ... I wasn't impressed with the appointment but does seem to confirm that Peeters had lost his way.

• RobRob
    edited February 2015
    I must admit I'm warming to him. Initially I thought his press conferences were arrogant but I think he is just pragmatic and says things the way they really are without sugarcoating it. I like that. He also does have a sense of humour. Of course the results and performances will influence how we feel but, like I said, I'm warming to him.

COYR

• He strikes me as being cock sure bordering on arrogance with a thick skin, and isn't worried about criticism.

To me this could be a reference to Mourinho, but for us to have a manager with equal confidence in his own ability to bring out the best in his team, we may just have stumbled on a great coach. Of course this will mean he'll go on to better things, this is football after all, perhaps back to Standard, but for now it could turn our season around. Maybe we will have our own special one that everyone loves to hate.
  • The last two results have been great and a well needed six points. The fact that we've scored six goals is almost unbelievable too. I'm just keeping my feet on the ground for now though. Whilst I do not want to take anything away from the boys, I am concious that we met Brentford at a good time, clearly there were issues going on behind the scenes that could have affected their recent performances (we all know too well about that kind of thing!). Additionally, the Wigan goals came about through some very poor defending. Credit to Igor getting into the position and scoring, but he should never have out jumped three defenders to beat the keeper. Eagles goal was just as bad (from a Wigan point of view) as two defenders just turned their backs on him and he had acres of space. Was a good finish from Eagles though.

I know people will probably think I'm being negative, and I understand, I just don't want to get too over-hyped, I want to see how our next 5 or 6 games go before I make a judgement as to whether Luzon and the team are turning things around. I sincerely hope that they are. I will credit Luzon for finding a balanced team and for giving Bulot a few more chances as he seems a totally different player to what we have seen before.